“Convenient location in Cambridge”
Review of Freepoint Hotel

Freepoint Hotel
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I stayed in this hotel for a short business trip when few affordable options were available. Apparently this hotel used to have a different name, so the taxi driver missed it when dropping me off. The new name came with some nice features including clean, large, nicely decorated rooms with all the amenities. Certainly a nice stay. The subway station is within walking distance and from there you can go anywhere. The bar was nice, with a good selection of cocktails and a fair beer and wine list. Did not have time to check out the restaurant. The service could use some help, but the staff was attentive and nice. Compared to other similarly priced hotels in the area, this is a welcomed addition.

Room Tip: Call the front desk to order a taxi in advance if going to a business meeting.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
FreepointHotelGM, General Manager at Freepoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Hello
Thank you again for choosing our Hotel while traveling to Cambridge for work. I am glad that you enjoyed certain elements of the Hotel, I also appreciate you sharing areas that need to be improved.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Visiting family in the area. Well located. Nice rooms. We had breakfast and drinks and used the shuttle. Management was very attentive. Starbucks on site Dunkin Donuts across the parking lot. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Hello Gail,
Thank you for the feedback, we are glad that the location and the amenities worked well for you.
We are also very happy to read that you will be returning.

Have a great weekend,

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Hotel is trying for a trendy, techie look and feel. Front desk is a fail, looking like desks from a cheap furniture store. Staff is very friendly but inexperience shows. Location is great if you have a car, the parkway in front can take you into Boston and Cambridge or west. Careful traveling during rush hour, the parkway is very busy.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Koleakolea

Good afternoon,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to read that the location worked well for you. We also appreciate the constructive feedback on the front desk.

Best,

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I love how Cambridge now has a hotel that's modern, nicely decorated and affordable.

We stayed here for two nights in between moving houses for which the area was perfect.

We booked on the website directly for which they gave us $40 of credit to spend, which we used on breakfast. Breakfast staff was courteous.

The room was comfortable , but check-in (and pretty much any encounter with front desk staff afterwards) cumbersome.

Staff seemed easily overwhelmed which resulted in initially getting a different room from the one we booked. When I brought this up the response was unprofessional to say the least. I feel some basic hospitality training (don't yell at your housekeepers in front of guests) would go a long way.

My biggest pet peeve? WHO thought adding a Starbucks here would be a good idea?? This hotel that claims to be focused on community feel would have done so much better with a coffee shop run by a local roastery such as 'broadsheet coffee'. Opinion-of-one but proper coffee would have made my stay a five bubble one.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Hello Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your positive and constructive feedback from your stay. I believe that feedback is a gift and it allows us to improve. The service you received during your check-in is not how we want our guests to feel. This is an area that the management team will be addressing. I also 100% agree with you on the comments regarding Housekeeping. Teams should publicly praise and privately critique.
I hope that the next time your travels bring to our city that you will give us another chance.

Best,

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is probably a great hotel for most people, and part of me really liked it... but a few things are drawbacks.

Check-in took a looooong time and there were one person in front of me... and two people at the counter. One guest came down while I was there, slightly annoyed that they had given him a key to a room where somebody was already staying! The funniest thing was that after I got my room, I met him at the elevator coming back down and the SECOND room was also occupied. Really embarrassing.

Second, I liked the shampoo and all, but the shower does not room for placing my shaver or shampoo, i.e. no shelf... also no drinking glass in the bathroom?!??

But other than that I liked the place but it does not seem well run...

Loved the common room, Starbucks etc.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
FreepointHotelGM, General Manager at Freepoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Feedback is a gift, thank you for sharing with me what you enjoyed about your stay and also areas that can be improved upon. The mistake with the check-in is embarrassing and we will research how this happened.