“Lunch ”

Ranked #335 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

A group of 9 musicians grouped a couple of tables and ordered. I got spicy beef udon noodles. The broth was flavorful and spicy . The beef was tender but fatty, noodles plain but I didn't like the blob of seaweed on the side. Pretty expensive, given the contents.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

There was only one server who was friendly, but when we went, we were the only party in the restaurant. The food was bland, and was simply subpar. Have tried way better elsewhere.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Just some steps away from Harvard Square this small japanese restaurant is truly gem! Amazing and fresh japanese food!!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I haven't been to the Takemura in a while, although I used to come here all the time. I remember the place as reliable without being remarkable. Last week, a good friend (who used to come here with me) and I had the Duk Mandoo Guk (rice cakes with dumplings in broth) for lunch. The service was fine, and people were friendly enough, but my friend and I agreed that this was the most disappointing interpretation of this common dish that we'd ever had-- skimpy and somewhat insipid. The little side dishes, which are normally included, were also missing. I hope this experience was an anomaly, but it will be some time before I go back to confirm this.

1  Thank GracefulUnderFire
Reviewed 14 April 2016

We had a very nice dinner at Takemura, as always. We've been here many times and always enjoyed it. Tonight we had the shrimp tempura, which was crisp, light and delicious, and the Nabeyaki Udon, which was huge and excellent.