“Wow!”
Review of Craigie on Main

Craigie on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Craigie on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 641 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St. and Mass. Ave
Transit: Central Square T Stop, the No. 1 bus at the Main Street stop
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Dined here with my daughter as we're both foodies. We did the 8 course tasting menu. Each dish was done perfectly and the service was impeccable. After each course all the utensils were removed, which made me laugh when the occasional spoon which seemed to have no use showed up, was removed and replaced. The amuse course to start was excellent and the final savory course of veal short rib was truly incredible. My only issue all night was with the veal sweetbreads which came on the last plate. Flavor was good but for me, the consistency is just something I can’t get used to. One of the highlights of the meal was the Brussels spouts, which weren’t even part of the tasting menu. We kept smelling them being delivered to other tables and finally asked is we could just get two to taste. Our server was very accommodating and brought us a small plate. Heaven. The three desserts were also outstanding. Finally, since my daughter wasn’t drinking, I found the selection of half-bottles robust. Overall one of the best meals I’ve ever had.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Craigie on Main

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have been a fan of the foods of Tony Maws for many years, he definitely deserves his James Beard award. Craigie on Main is more than just a restaurant, it is a foodie destination with a level of execution only a handful of restaurants in America have managed to achieve. We somehow got a high top table in the bar section at 8:30 on a Saturday night by calling earlier that day, just lucky I guess. We had the pig's tail and Spanish octopus as appetizers, they were both absolutely delicious. For our main course we had the pig's head for two and bone marrow on toast points. It was such a decadent feast, quite memorable. We drank an 11 year old Rioja reserva which was very good but it was served in a smallish wine glasses that prevented us from being able to truly enjoy it to the fullest. I have argued with Mr. Maws that he should offer more appropriate wine glasses but he insists he doesn't have room to store them, an explanation I find hard to accept. Except for the inappropriate stemware I love this place.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

It's unpretentious (paper tablecloths) but the food is superb and the presentation first class. Almost certainly this is the best restaurant in Cambridge

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Best place in Cambridge. High quality meal with great service.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

You can get a sweet deal at Craigie every Sunday after 9pm with the Chef's Whim tasting course that comes as either a 4 course or a 6 course option. The savings are amazing (almost half off of a regular tasting course) and the food is just as good! We recently went with a table of 11 (we have monthly dinner clubs together) and everyone loved it. We went for the six course and it was just as good as a normal tasting menu.

1  Thank Aaron K