Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$68
View deal
Expedia.com$73
Hotels.com$73
Priceline$73
Travelocity$73
Agoda.com$68
Lol.travel$87
All reviews front desk would stay again per night state fair motel channels
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2021

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights while attending the State Fair. I'm not sure what they normally charge per night (around $50?), but I ended up paying $79 per night, but I was expecting the price increase due to the fair going on. For a budget Hotel, I have no complaints!!!! one can tell that this hotel is a much older building, and repairs have been made throughout the years. The beds were comfy, everything was pretty clean, the TV was kind of small, but came with LOTS of channels, the staff was nice. I can see where parking might be a little confusing due to another hotel being right next door, and it looks like maybe they share the same parking lot? Anyways, very nice for the price, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 14 August 2021

I booked a cheap hotel so I wasn’t expecting the Ritz, however there are certain bare minimums that every hotel must meet. At 5:30 pm our room still had not been cleaned for check in. They said they would send someone up to clean it. They sent someone that was not in housekeeping. All she did was make the bed. She could not answer as to whether the sheets were clean. Did not bring clean sheets, just made the bed. So other people had slept in that bed and the sheets were NOT changed for us. Luckily we had a blanket in the car that we threw on top of the bed and had to sleep on top of that. Our friends room did not have any towels. They were told they couldn’t get any because the washer and dryer are slow and they did not have clean towels. We had to give them one of the 2 we had. When we were checking in the girl ran my charge card twice. She was afraid to tell me and was acting like my card wasn’t working. Then she told me it was only her third day working there. I understood and just needed a credit for the second charge. She got the manager to help her with the credit. The manager began screaming at her in front of everyone waiting in line. He then proceeded to yell at me and would not give me a receipt for the credit of the duplicate charge. I doubt that girl came back to work again. The coffee pot did not work. The chair was missing a wheel and leaned. The housekeeping that was there had their mask below their nose. Most of the stuff is not a big deal and can be expected with cheap hotels, BUT there is NO excuse for no clean sheets or towels. That is disgusting enough in normal times but we are in the middle of a pandemic making it even worse. We should have been allowed to cancel and get refund. I have no idea how the health department has not shut this place down! I will be reporting them.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2021 via mobile

Booked a room March 20th. I knew it was nothing fancy, but they allow dogs and I was road tripping with my dogs and mom. The lady checking us in was very pleasant. No customers in the lobby had masks on. Hurried to our room, threw the keys on the bed and left out the back door. The room smelled like junkies had been partying for weeks in it. So gross. Didn’t ask for a refund to avoid maskless patrons. I’d rather sleep in my car at a truck stop or drive a ten hour day. Junkie paradise, families should avoid!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 17 March 2021

I came to Springfield for a funeral. I had a death in the family. I stayed for 5 nights. Overall, it did it's job of providing a bed and a shower. It was a very good price. I'd likely stay again if I needed a bare-bones, budget option. It's exactly what you'd expect. However, there were a couple of things that were really a turn off. I want to mention them here in hopes the hotel can improve.

My check in was the most frustrating experience. After delays and traveling for almost 24 hours, again, for a FUNERAL, I arrived to check in. It was 2:48 pm. The woman checking me in said that "Check in is typically at 3pm and then gestured to the sign to her left." Again, it was 2:48 pm. It took all my strength not to lose my temper to this woman. Am I such an inconvenience that I arrived less than 15 minutes early?! For a 5 night stay! UGH! I literally told everyone about this story.

Another MAJOR problem with check in - there was a strange man standing around the lobby. Just lingering/loitering. When the girl checked me in, she LOUDLY announced my room number, where I am certain this man could hear it. That is just stupid. Just stupid. Write it down and point - like every hotel in history! How does this happen?! I am a young woman travelling alone and this is the first time a hotel employee has put my safety at risk. I was so concerned I almost asked for a different room, but again, after all the travel and her attitude about my "early" arrival, i just settled for it, locked the door behind me, and hoped for the best. This is just unacceptable in my mind.

As far as the room, the shower door was installed backwards. You had to push in the door, reach around to the the handle, water splattered everywhere. It was small and difficult to get in, and get the shower on with the door that way.

Also the TV started acting up my last day there. I was leaving, so didn't give them a chance to fix this problem.

Like I said, overall this hotel worked - but the check in was very problematic, putting my safety at risk.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 28 June 2020 via mobile

Book through Priceline, rate was good. Hotel horrible!! Microwave had food stains inside, outside of microwave was filthy see pic. Refrigerator didn't fit in the cabinet so it moved every time you opened the door. Drawers broken, shower stall needs to be caulked, see pics, ceiling cracked. Bedding appeared to be used, all wrinkled!!!!!

Date of stay: June 2020