All reviewsregistration desktop floorconference centersmokey boneslarge bathroomking bedparking lotupon checknice stayconventionsaunahootersbanquetihopstarbucksinterstatecouch
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Was here for 3 hr business mtg with a business partner. Waitress Jennifer was super patient and accommodating for our needs. Veggie burger was pretty average; biz partner had a salad that looked pretty good. Was nice and quiet for the most part.
Would return if I had another meeting in that area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Hi bso54,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate your experience at our restaurant during your 3 hour business meeting. I know we still have a lot of room for improvement so if you have any other comments or suggestions, feel free to let us know.

Again, thank you for the review and for dining with us. I hope that you would have a chance to experience not just our restaurant but our hotel as well in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

For this property just having a 14 million dollar renovation, they lacked in the cleanliness department! I can handle older, but not un clean. White bedspreads wouldn't have been my choice and ours had a dark stain on it that looked like blood. Called down to have them change it and they never came! Disappointing. Dark hair in the bathtub when we first arrived, orange mold in the corner of the tub and a drinking glass underneath the nightstand. I am a stickler for a room being clean! Also, couldn't keep enough towels in the pool area for the number of children in the pool. Otherwise a good night sleep on a comfy bed! Bathroom was large and had enough outlets! That' s huge also.

Room Tip: Room was spacious
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Hello Nowaksj,

Thank you for writing us a review. I'm glad to hear you had a restful sleep and and found our large bathrooms to your liking. I am sincerely sorry that the level of cleanliness, stained sheets, and lack of towels in the pool area has impacted your experience negatively. I will make sure these points are addressed with our housekeeping team to improve on guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope you will consider choosing us again on your next visit in the area.

Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay until it came time to check out. I checked out and ask for an itemized receipt and was told that that I couldn't get one since I registered with a third party. The clerk was very condescending about it. I needed the receipt for tax purposes and see no reason for an attitude over a piece of paper. I sure didn't have any problems at Union Station in St. Louis the day before or anywhere else I've been.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Bob J,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received. I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Check in was friendly and efficient. In the morning we went to breakfast and were promptly greeted by Doug. Once seated Mark took care of us. My wife's poached eggs were done perfectly and came quickly. Doug was quite busy but that did not keep him from attending to us in every way. The breakfast buffet was very good. The hotel is clean and orderly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2017

In all fairness, I've stayed at this hotel before, and it's been o.k., but this last time it was sub par. Very disappointing for an I.H.G. property. When I checked in, the toilet was running very slow. I hoped there wouldn't be a problem with it overflowing. The rest of the room seemed o.k., but when I went to shower in the morning, the tub was filthy. Obviously not cleaned after the last guest. There were clumps of hair in the tub. Not a few strands, but clumps. It looked like someone gave themselves a haircut in the tub. Fortunately, I didn't want to take a bath. This made me wonder how thoroughly the rest of the room was actually cleaned. I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk in the morning, and her reply was an unconcerned "sorry". That's the way this hotel handles problems. They say "sorry". I only stayed the one night, as I was passing through on my way to Missouri. On the way home, I opted to stay at the Drury Inn which is next door to the Crowne Plaza. Much cleaner hotel, better and more perks, and a lower price.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel in the immediate area. There are several.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo