“Never recommend this hotel to anybody!”

Route 66 Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Danville, Illinois
“Never recommend this hotel to anybody!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed this past weekend and I will say this is the worst hotel ive ever stayed in. We got a jacuzzi suite and when i went to turn it on a hair/fuzz ball came out from the drain. The hotel room itself stunk so bad. We couldnt sleep because all we did was hear people yelling up and down the hallways and the beds sucked. The place is so run down, on the outside one side is like the ghetto and the other side is the highway. We were suppose to stay two nights, but we decided we were going to stay there a second night and go find somewhere else. So i went to the front desk to tell them and they had told me that they already charged my card and there was nothing that they could do, I told the lady well im not staying in this nasty hotel another night and she had to go back and talk to the manager three times, and came back and out of nowhere was like its fine we only charged you for one night, so first of all they lied to me and the manager never had to have the balls to come out and talk to me. They didnt even offer to take any money off or appologize or anything. I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. Not impressed at all.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley_L_822
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Very nice stay, friendly and helpful staff. Reasonable price and nice clean rooms near to all the attractions. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Haywood, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed there for couple of days during the summer and it was a very very nice place, the staff was very nice and helpful to me and answered all my questions, and the room was big and very n ice and the bathroom was gorgous and the beds were big and very comforting and very clean, and all the memorabilia was very neat, educational and interesting. I ate a the restuarant in the hotel and its was soo good had a burger. i couldnt believe how nice this place was and its was so cheap, i cant wait to go back again, I would recommend all my family and friends to stay there when they are in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We chose this hotel because it was mentioned in a booklet about Route 66 and was given an excellent rating. We had a bad experience the night before at another hotel and specifically asked for a room that would provide peace and quiet. The lady at the desk was friendly, understanding, and was eager to assist.

We stayed in a nice, clean, and quiet room. Our bathroom was very clean and well stocked with towels, etc. I wanted to add that our room was very spacious and had a nice, flat screen TV installed. The price was VERY reasonable! (There is an outside pool, but it was already closed due to the time of year)

A restaurant is located inside the hotel-the food was good and very reasonably priced. Liquor is served in the restaurant as well.

As fans of Route 66, we enjoyed walking around the lobby and main hallways of the hotel to look at the Route 66 items and antiques! I would suggest to anyone that this is a great place to stay, but if you're a Route 66 fan, don't miss out- stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Pittsfield, Illinois
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed at the Route 66 Hotel while in town for a pool tournament. My wife had a wonderful time shopping and I found the hotel swimming pool to be very relaxing after competing. The food was wonderful and it was so convenient to be able to eat right there in the diner! The nostalgic theme brought back so many memories for my wife and I. Everyone was so nice and accommodating. Planning on staying again next year during the Illinois State Fair!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple