“Decent Food, Terrible Waitress”

Capital City Bar & Grill
Ranked #133 of 503 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Average food. Waitress was super lazy and unfriendly. Convenient though so will be back. Beer was delicious.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Went to this place as my father-in-law told us the horseshoes were good. D'Arcy's is our favorite for horseshoe's but agreed to give this place a try. BIG MISTAKE!! First of all, it is a dump, however, for a good horseshoe we were willing to overlook that. When they brought out the horseshoes and we could smell the disgusting grease before seeing the food, we knew we were in trouble. The fries apparently were cooked in old grease smelling of fish. Their taste...trust me, words cannot adequately describe how horrible they were. And the cheese.....UGH, white cheese right out of a can. Since we were guests of my father-in-law, there really wasn't much we could say. I ate 2 bites of my hamburger pony shoe and my husband managed to choke down about 1/8th of his ham horseshoe before throwing in the towel. The waitress came by, looks at my barely touched food and asks, "Are you finished?" I wanted to say, "Yes, it's not fit to eat" but out of respect for my in-laws, I simply told her, "yes". She must be used to picking up full plates of food since she didn't bother to ask why I hadn't eaten anything. She picks my food up and my husband hands her his plate of food, again she does not ask why we haven't eaten our food. So, after visiting with the in-laws, we exit the parking lot, cross the street and go to McAlister's Deli for a delicious meal!!!!! Don't waste your time or money at Capital Bar and Grill.And yes, the in-laws saw us drive right over to McAlister's Deli.

1  Thank QueenAngel54
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Went Friday, October 6th, for all you can eat walleye dinner, then to the live music show by Lyman Ellerman, and Dallas Moore Band. Walleye was good, beer is cold, service is great. The music started at 9, and my oh my.....Lyman Ellerman is a singer-songwriter that is very very good! Highly reccomend his type of music to all tastes. Dallas Moore Band is Outlaw Country at its finest.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

went here at recc of hotel front desk- was a busy place w almost totally a older crowd--that's ok- I'm there as well. Food was just ok- only one server and she was way overworked,

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We walked there from our hotel based on the reviews we found. We had to try a "horseshoe" which is apparently a local dish. Wow! I don't even want to know the calories but it was delicious! The service was terrific and we would definitely return.