“Casual lunch”

Thai Basil
Ranked #80 of 499 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I'd never heard of this place. Maybe out-of-the-way or no advertising.
However, twice now for lunch and each time very good for Thai food. Last time we went about 2 pm to avoid the lunch crowd. I had the Orange Chicken and my friend had the Sesame Chicken. Both were good. Each came with a large helping of rice, a small dish of sweet sauce and an Egg-Roll.
A word of caution! If you have an allergy to MSG, be aware that the sauce of most dishes contains MSG. My partner is allergic to MSG and be the time she'd consumed 2 or 3 pieces of the chicken the headache started. It took a few minutes to get the waitress's attention to ask her if the food contained MSG. She acknowledged that it did but made to effort to substitute something else without MSG. As often as I eat out, and that's every day, I have seen menus that state "no msg used". Is it not unreasonable to have a menu, especially in oriental restaurants, that note "some dished contain msg" ?
I may return because I did like the food but my friend will not.
Service was slow but adequate, probable due to having only one waitress available in the early afternoon.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I love Thai food. Just not here. The flavors and body of the sauces seemed to miss the mark. This was our 2nd time eating here hoping for better, not so. The service was good, though.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We went to Thai Basil today for lunch and the food was average and definitely not something to write home about. The sauces appeared to be diluted down and not very tasty. Prices were very reasonable but if you're looking for high-end Thai food this is not the place.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here a number of times, & have never been disappointed. The pho is my favorite, but I've had several of their dishes and the food has always been great! Service is quick, and the wait staff is friendly. If you get carryout, check your order before you leave. Last time, they forgot both of my appetizers and we did not check the bag until we got home.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Food seemed fresh and tasted good. Vegetables weren't overcooked or mushy, but crisp. Sauce had good flavor. Quick service.