“Pet Friendly Policy a Win/Win”

Candlewood Suites Springfield
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Carbondale, Illinois
“Pet Friendly Policy a Win/Win”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I’ve stayed at this Candlewood three separate times all were weekends, and had different rooms on each occasion. I’ve never had a dirty, smelly, or unclean room. Upon arrival, the temperature is comfortable and the humidity level is low – which I can’t say for other places I’ve stayed at. On all 3 visits everything looked brand new, fresh, and clean! I LOVE the kitchenette and full sized fridge because I can bring quick breakfast items and save money and time while traveling. And, if I feel like splurging, an IHOP is within walking distance from the Hotel! We are thrilled that Candlewood is pet friendly because we have a dog who, at present, cannot be boarded due to self-destructive separation anxiety. It was such a convenience to be able to bring our dog with on this last trip. The "pet friendly" policy made our Labor day trip possible! Lastly, I’ve always been pleased and pleasantly surprised with every customer service encounter I’ve had. I truly believe that all the staff I’ve encountered are doing their best to serve their clientele. My only complaint, on our most recent trip, was that another guest did not use leashes on their 2 dogs – my suggestion would be a mandatory leash rule while on the premises for the general safety and convince of all guests.

Room Tip: Labor Day Weekend
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
gmcandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Thank you for your recent feedback concerning your recent stay with us, we appreciate the comments and your repeat business. All pets should be leashed within the common areas of the hotel and I will coach our team to ensure this policy is enforced in the future to provide a safe, comfortable and secure environment for both our guests and their companions.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Roselle, Illinois
Reviewed 2 October 2011

It was a real nice facility. Staff were friendly and accomodating, and the facility looks brand new. We had a one bedroom and the space was arranged so it felt large. Love the combination table and desk in kitchen/living room area, and the large kitchen. Leather lazy boy and sofa make it really comfortable. There was even a little desk in the bedroom with a light and mirror so you could sit down to put on makeup, etc. No breakfast, but the food pantry was very reasonably priced (e.g., can of chili was $1) and there is an IHOP only a couple of blocks away. Applebees was only a walk across the parking lot, and Smokey Bones was across the street from that. A very comfortable location. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not choose the first floor room by the back entrance. The suite door rattles every time someone...
Frankfort, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I can't begin to express how thankfull my wife & I are, that there are people out there like the
staff at the candlewood suiets in Springfield Illinois.
Last August 2011 my wife received a call from the nursing home her mom was in, letting us know that she was close to death. We have over the past few years began to stay at the candlewood, when we came down to visit her mom.
Before leaving our home on the south suburbs of Chicago. I phoned Janie Deheve the guest services manager and explained the circumstances. She booked us a room,and guarenteed us that we would be able to stay there for as long as we needed the room.A few days later my mother- in - law passed away. and two days after we had her funeral.
The whole time the staff was supportive and sympathetic of our situation.
Again thanks for all your concern and care. During our most trying of times.
Sincerly,
Gene & Cathy Gremley

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.I thought it was a good deal for the price and it was our 30 yr anniversary. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
thanks

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Brooke S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the special occasion. We hope to have you back the next time you are in the Springfield, IL area.
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Came to area to visit son and couldn't believe how much room there was! Big kitchen area which was perfect to prepare food for tailgating next day. Will be using again for sure! Very clean.

• Stayed September 2011
I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out a response. We look forward to you coming back when you visit Springfield again.