All reviews beautiful atrium living room full size refrigerator an older hotel walmart interstate
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Stayed here for a quick overnight. Hotel is a bit dated but a good value. Rooms are spacious (bathroom small). Fridge, microwave, etc. Staff is friendly. Light breakfast served. Only downside is the pub is not open during the weekend but there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance (.6) miles. Would stay here if I returned to Omaha.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Trademark Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thanks for your comments. We try to offer great service to our guests everyday! I hope to see you back in Omaha soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This is an older hotel so it is showing its age. Rooms are very big with a separate living room, kitchenette with full size refrigerator. Bathroom is a bit small. Somewhat of a musty smell so we went to walmart a few blocks away and got a candle to burn. All rooms front doors are French doors and the atrium is nice with real plants and trees. Patio door off bedroom but not a functional door so that was a disappointment. Would be nice to be able to sit out on balcony. Other thing that was weird was no stairs to eat up to rooms. There are stairs and you can use them to get down, but coming up the door is locked and no key access. So you have to use elevator to eat up to rooms. I like taking stairs when i can. Staff is very nice. Continental breakfast was average. Would probably stay again as long as i could get the deal i got using hotwire.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us! I hope to see you again next time you are in Omaha.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

we have stayed in this facility previously. it is great for our need. room clean, linens good. internet access good. like the separate bedroom area. people nice. once we stayed and the bar is not open, not a big loss. quite. breakfast is sometimes included in room rate other times not. no big loss. convenient area easy access to interstate, dodge street, and center st. restaurants nearby. Hotel prices are high in my opinion in Omaha, so the group on price was always a great deal. It was an embassy suites at one time. not a 4 star hotel. great for our needs.

Room Tip: be away from elevators. and ice machine
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy M

Thanks for staying with us and the kind words. I hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

This used to be our favorite motel but not after our 2 days stay from Jan 6th-8th. This was a long awaited and carefully planned trip with 5 rooms booked for a late Christmas family celebration. I talked my extended family into going here due to my past stays and raved about how much we like it. Referred them as I have many others and now I'm just embarrassed. Our room was so cold we had to go to walmart and purchase space heaters but it was still still freezing and uncomfortable. It was so cold in the entire motel that it should not have been open for business. We'd planned a family celebration, not a winter camping trip. They will not even return my calls or answer my e-mails. What a poor way to run a business and treat a loyal guest.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Cathy M

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me know when you are back in Omaha I would love to take care of your stay so you can see the service we can provide.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. It was a Embassy Suites, then Double Tree and now Aksarben Suites. Each transition has resulted in a gradual reduction in the quality of the property and the service. The rooms and building are laid out like an Embassy Suites so you have a nice courtyard and a room with separate living and sleeping area. Unfortunately, this hotel is in dire need of some serious investment in the facility and the service. Also, I'd be surprised if this hotel is in business a year from now as they have simply stopped investing in the property.

Upon check in there were no towels in the room, and oddly enough, the front desk responded as if this was a common occurrence? They did get us towels in less than 10 minutes. We then ran out of toilet paper and there was none to be found in the entire hotel? I also noticed that people were at the frot desk waiting for towels as they had run out. The pull-out couch is a torture device, and I am not picky as I can generally sleep on a log, but this was crazy! The hot tub wasn't working and was told that it would be until at least next week until it is repaired.

If you need a very cheap hotel with a separate sleeping and living area and don't care about much else, this is still a good option. I would not pay more than $80/night. Otherwise, go elsewhere. I have seen the slow death of this hotel over the years and the end is near.

Room Tip: Higher floors are hotter due to open atrium design
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 8John8888

Thanks for staying with us. I will follow up on the service issues right away. Please let me know the next time you come to Omaha and I will be glad to host your stay and show you what service we definitely can provide.