“Two years later, "Renovations coming NEVER"”

Aksarben Suites Omaha
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 14 May 2017

So I stayed with my family a couple years ago, left a review and since then have only stayed here due to my work placing me here through prepaid expenses. Every time gets worse and anyone fooled by the renovations line from management is a fool. I cannot believe this hotel is still up and running. Very reminiscent of the song "Hotel California", not a lot of life in it like there used to be, the elevator inspection certificate date is 2015, side entrances claim visitors must come through front but you can just open the door. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful, but had a hard time helping me at times because the phone was always ringing.They should not be charging guests $50 for incidentals and then claiming to take it off after you check out. I am glad I stayed through employment without using my personal card. I entered my room expecting the hyped up renovations and nothing has changed besides a coat of paint covering the mold that was there a couple of years ago, a tv in my living area that didn't work, dirtier floors/bathroom and NO HEAT! I was absolutely miserable staying here and could not WAIT to get the heck out. I travel a lot for business, so I am a bit familiar with hotel hospitality and the norm. After a long week and this being my last hotel stay for the week, this was not the best way to end it at all. This place should be reported before it starts getting really hot again and there is no supplied A/C. The thermostat was running on auto and no matter if I had the settings up or down, the temperature did not change--that is until I turned the entire thing off and it became warmer since the constant blowing air was not coming out. The vents looked gross. I had a lovely view of the HVAC system that ironically was not working. It was raining all day and the rain made it into my room near the corner by the curtain as I went to move my curtains and noticed my footie and sock were soaking wet, along with a dirty, rusty corner hidden by the heavy curtain. I get cold easily so having no heat was no fun and very uncomfortable. I did not use the hot tub/swimming pool because of experiences during my previous stays/reading other reviews, it's just very questionable to me the cleanliness of this entire place, so I'd rather stay away. I did not use my shower or tub because there were pubic hairs everywhere. The pub was not open and the breakfast looked okay but I didn't have any. I was so ready to get out of here. It is too bad that this place is being used in this way because it had so much potential to be awesome. It needs way more than renovations. I would demolish and start all over again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. You've been warned!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

I am sorry to hear about your stay. I would love to talk to you more about your stay and follow up with you. Can you please contact me at the hotel or feel free to email me at Michael.kosalka@akasarbensuitesomaha.com . I want to make sure we make this right for you.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Stayed here for a quick overnight. Hotel is a bit dated but a good value. Rooms are spacious (bathroom small). Fridge, microwave, etc. Staff is friendly. Light breakfast served. Only downside is the pub is not open during the weekend but there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance (.6) miles. Would stay here if I returned to Omaha.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Thanks for your comments. We try to offer great service to our guests everyday! I hope to see you back in Omaha soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This is an older hotel so it is showing its age. Rooms are very big with a separate living room, kitchenette with full size refrigerator. Bathroom is a bit small. Somewhat of a musty smell so we went to walmart a few blocks away and got a candle to burn. All rooms front doors are French doors and the atrium is nice with real plants and trees. Patio door off bedroom but not a functional door so that was a disappointment. Would be nice to be able to sit out on balcony. Other thing that was weird was no stairs to eat up to rooms. There are stairs and you can use them to get down, but coming up the door is locked and no key access. So you have to use elevator to eat up to rooms. I like taking stairs when i can. Staff is very nice. Continental breakfast was average. Would probably stay again as long as i could get the deal i got using hotwire.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us! I hope to see you again next time you are in Omaha.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

we have stayed in this facility previously. it is great for our need. room clean, linens good. internet access good. like the separate bedroom area. people nice. once we stayed and the bar is not open, not a big loss. quite. breakfast is sometimes included in room rate other times not. no big loss. convenient area easy access to interstate, dodge street, and center st. restaurants nearby. Hotel prices are high in my opinion in Omaha, so the group on price was always a great deal. It was an embassy suites at one time. not a 4 star hotel. great for our needs.

Room Tip: be away from elevators. and ice machine
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy M

Thanks for staying with us and the kind words. I hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

This used to be our favorite motel but not after our 2 days stay from Jan 6th-8th. This was a long awaited and carefully planned trip with 5 rooms booked for a late Christmas family celebration. I talked my extended family into going here due to my past stays and raved about how much we like it. Referred them as I have many others and now I'm just embarrassed. Our room was so cold we had to go to walmart and purchase space heaters but it was still still freezing and uncomfortable. It was so cold in the entire motel that it should not have been open for business. We'd planned a family celebration, not a winter camping trip. They will not even return my calls or answer my e-mails. What a poor way to run a business and treat a loyal guest.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Cathy M

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me know when you are back in Omaha I would love to take care of your stay so you can see the service we can provide.