“While Away Winter”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Spend an afternoon with someone you love at La Buvette, a special little continental wine & snack bar. Located downtown Omaha, La Buvette will transport those who know to an alternate world with wines from around the world, fresh breads, exotic cheese, and specialty small plates. My daughter & I spent an entire weekday afternoon chatting away over Bordeaux, Bread, Cheese and more. I cant think of a better way to while away a wintry day in Omaha.

1  Thank Don_MaryAnn

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I decided we would try this after missing our time in Paris. It was actually nice enough to sit outside and so we did under the heater. We were waited on promptly and given a detailed review of the wine selection. We ordered the meat and cheese platter. We really enjoyed the selection and condiments on the side. We were also given a plate of olive loaf and French bead. We ordered the prosecco. It was really perfect. We enjoyed the food, the service and the ambiance.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This has been a long time "go to" to meet up with friends when flying in and out of Omaha. A huge decline in food and cleanliness. Wine selection is great. And the upside stopes there. I literally watch the waiter blow his nose and use the same tissue to wipe a surface. And never watch him wash his hands. Then I watched him pick him teeth with his fingers and again not wash his hands. My quiche was served cold but I didn't send it back as I didn't want him to touch my plate. Frankly the experience was disgusting.

3  Thank CarpeVino
Reviewed 21 November 2017

My whole family loves going to La Buvette. Having lived in France, I can say that except for the fact that the waiters speak English instead of French, there is nearly no difference between sitting in La Buvette and sitting in a fun Paris bistro. Both the food and the atmosphere are absolutely authentic. They have a great selection of wines, too, particularly French wines that no one else in Omaha is carrying. Wine prices are the best we've found pretty much anywhere, even outside Omaha. At our most recent meal, we enjoyed a nice bottle of Bordeaux for just $16! The best part is that this isn't at all unusual. If you're in a hurry, though, this isn't the place for you. The waiters are slow. The food is slow. So even in this respect, the restaurant is totally authentic to France!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

This is a cute little place. Wine is great. There are not much choice for the food, whatever they have is great.

Been to La Buvette? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK