“A wedding trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Lawrence, KS
“A wedding trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was pleased with my trip to attend my nephews wedding in Omaha. This hotel was efficient and the room was very comfortable. It is basically a business travelers hotel but the staff was helpful and accommodating of our whole family. It is not a five star but a very nice 3.5 with a very attractive group rate. It was slightly isolated property that you really need a vehicle although the staff volunteered to drive us places in the hotel van. Nearby is nice dining and shopping.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KSPhilbyLawrence_KS
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear KSPhilby,

Greetings from Omaha! I wanted to take a minute to thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. It's so great to have read about your experience and I know this will help other travelers make their decision to stay with us. I and my entire team thank you! Come back and see us soon!

Kyle Highberg
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

My wife and I have normally stayed at the Marriott near Regency but it was sold out so we tried the Hilton Garden Inn. We were very impressed.

Upon checkin we were given two bottles of ice water. We were on the fourth floor with a view towards West Dodge Road and the Village Pointe Shopping Center. We did not hear any traffic however. Our packet of information included a letter from the hotel manager addressed specifically to me (although I assume it was a form letter). It welcomed me to the hotel and told us the name of the two clerks who would be working that evening. I thought it was a nice touch.

The room was a nice size, about the same as the Marriott. It looked just like new. We paid a AAA rate of $98. The hotel was not very busy that evening (a Saturday night). The bed was very comfortable. The room had a wall HVAC unit but it was controlled by a thermostat. It was much quieter than most wall HVAC units I've seen before.

We were very impressed with the large number of electrical outlets in the room. There was an outlet next to the desk (located above the top of the desk) and the desk lamp had two outlets also. The wireless internet worked great. The room had a microwave and a small refrigerator.

The bathroom was small but included a shower, not a tub shower combination like most rooms do. There were Neutrogena toiletries. We didn't eat at the restaurant but we did have a drink at the bar which was reasonably priced (about $5 for a mixed drink). It was a nice evening so we sat on a patio outside the bar.

Overall we were very favorably impressed and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank huskergreg
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Huskergreg,

Greetings from the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West! I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to compliment our hotel on TripAdvisor. I greatly appreciated your comments and I invite you back any time to experience more of our hotel.

We are very excited in what is coming our way in 2012 at the Hilton Garden Inn. We will be renovating our lobby, adding more power to our Wireless Internet, and upgrading all our rooms to larger flat screen TV's with many HD Channels! Check back in soon to see what's new!

In Service,

Kyle Highberg - General Manager
mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Have stayed here often, service has been ok, received a discount to stay but it never worked for the weekend following. There was a large container spilled in front of doorway that was never picked up for the entire stay. Also could not check in on time specified because rooms not available. All-in-all pool is good tv's not updated....but not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank allamerican7777
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear allamerican7777,

So sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced at our hotel. Trust me when I say we appreciate hearing both the 'ups and downs' of our guests' experiences. I am delighted to inform you that we are installing all new flat-panel televisions in each room, and updating our entire entertainment system in High Def! We always appreciate the opportunity to make things that much better for our guests. Hopefully, next time you are here, you can write only about the ups!

Thank you, again!

Columbus NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Spent an evening at the hotel and was very pleased with check-in. Staff was friendly and followed up with us during the stay. Room was very clean and a typical Garden Inn room We have stayed at other Garden Inns in other states and other hotels from the Hilton chain as we are rewards members. Hotel is conveniently located near the Village Pointe shopping area and some good restaurants. Shuttle was not running that evening due to bad weather so we had to take our own vehicle to supper that evening, but could understand the liability involved. Would not recommend the breakfast for the extra money charged, but many restaurants close by. Overall, the stay was comfortable and quiet. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rich94
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Rich94,

Greetings from the Hilton Garden Inn! I wanted to say thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us! We have just started re-defining the dining experience at breakfast, and I sincerely hope you will check it out next time you are in town.

In Service,

Racine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

With slightly antiquated appointments and a less than par fitness room I was less than impressed with this property. Felt like I was staying in a Best Western and not a Hilton. Old TVs, cheesy 70s carpet, and less than desirable food. I would've sworn this property would've been nicer with the side of town I was on, but I was sadly mistaken. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, usually I'm offered upgrades and at bare minimum given a Honors packet of water, etc at check in, but none of that was offered here. Disappointed is all I can really say.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank benne017
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Dear Benne017,

How sad to hear of your subpar experience at our Hilton Garden Inn in West Omaha. Please know our staff is fully dedicated to ensuring all our guests have a wonderful time at our hotel, whether here on business of for fun.

I'd like to invite you back to our hotel so you can fully enjoy all that we have to offer at the Hilton Garden Inn in West Omaha. Whether it be upgrades into our Junior or Two-Room Suites, or the Whirlpool Suite, I'd be delighted to upgrade you next time you are here. Additionally, please know we have redesigned our food and beverage offerings to provide some of the best dining this side of town.

If there is anything I can do to earn your loyalty to our hotel, I certainly will. Thank you so much for your time!