“Nice Deli”

Jason's Deli
Ranked #171 of 1,423 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 28 January 2018

I went mid-afternoon on a Saturday, and the place was fairly crowded. Customers order at the register, get their own drinks, and the food is delivered promptly. After getting a beverage, I waited about 5 minutes.

I was hoping to get a pastrami sandwich (it is a deli, after all), but that wasn't on the menu. There still seemed to be a pretty good selection, however.

I got the "Manager's Special" half-sandwich and soup. The turkey panini and chips were excellent. I was not as enthusiastic about the Spicy Seafood Gumbo. It was indeed spicy, but just a thick liquid with little stock. I would try another soup next time.

There is also a salad bar, and complementary small ice cream cones or cups.

I liked Jason's and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Very good food. Counter service with broad selection of custom sandwiches hot and cold or build your own. Soups are fabulous and salads are fresh. They have a salad bar option. We go about 2-3 times a year. But would go more!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I had a Mesa Chicken salad and it was definitely plenty of food, but the dressing was not what I needed. The Cranberry Walnut cookie was dry and crumbled in my hands. Big but was a bit disappointed with that. The people who ordered sandwiches look like they had a good buy. I will most likely order something else next time.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This is a go to place for me, especially on the road, where finding gluten free food can be tricky. They have a wide range of foods, from soups, to sandwiches to other entrees, many available in GF versions.
A signature of the place is also the salad bar, which offers a broad array of items. That is what I tried today, avoiding the croutons and crackers that I can't tolerate. And I used a balsamic salad dressing. But somehow, I got glutened. All I can speculate is that one or more of the items got cross contaminated somehow. I will probably stick to other GF items from here on out.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stopped for a quick lunch, wrong, the line was long but it moved along the place was clean and bright and food was good

Been to Jason's Deli? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK