All reviews first floor paul de vence wonderful stay the location is perfect comfortable bed french riviera lovely pool beautiful view chef terrace valley village wines linens provence
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We tried this place as a "drive past" knowing nothing about it in advance. We were simply stunned by the terrace where we were taken to eat - views across the valley to St Paul de Vence were heavenly. The service was immaculate even for 4 travel weary brits (not having yet washed) and the wine waiter was friendly and helpful. The food was exceptionally memorable too. It's not cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for. We didn't stay in the hotel but if the views are in the same direction as the restaurant terrace then I can only imagine it is a no brainer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We visit Alain Llorca almost every time we visit the riviera. His hotel and beautiful restaurant are on a beautiful spot on the way up the hill to St Paul de Vence. The staff are extremely nice and there's a valet parking service too.
Chef Llorca is Usually there, greeting you as you come in, busy at the big grill (but still time to smile broadly and welcome you to the balcony).
About the balcony-all I can say is that it is a paradise (for me). A green,lush valley,full of olive,fig,lemon,fir and bay trees. Far away,you can see the mediterranean sea. Heaven.
We know the Sommelier very well and his advice is always 'on the spot'! The wine list is very good, not too large by the way.
Last sunday we had a courgette stuffed with paste of forest mushrooms and black truffles,followed by amazing veal (for her) and sea bass fillet (for me). We had a bottle of Bellet (tiny wine region above nice) white from Clos St Vincent, Superb!
We will be back on our next trip in August and very much looking forward to that!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Alain Llorca is set in an idyllic location, with a fantastic view. The rooms are themed after an artist (I stayed in the Michelangelo room) so works from the artist are included, in a subtle and tasteful way- not at all overdone. The restaurant offers delicious food (not surprising for France), a great breakfast and overall friendly service. Located in the historic town of St. Paul de Vence, the whole area is filled with art. A visit to the Fondation Maeght is a must. I walked back from the museum (it's a 30 min. walk to the hotel) and it's a perfect setting. I felt right at home. Would I recommend it? without a doubt.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor facing the old town of st. paul would offer an amazing view. The Michelangelo room is wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank R B
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We were looking for a good hotel for the night needing to meet family arriving the next day at Nice Airport just 25 minutes away. I just wished we good have stayed longer.
This is really a restaurant with rooms but what rooms! Ours and it seemed all the rooms had amazing views and the evening meal in the restaurant was first class in every respect.
Could not be faulted.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My family and I had the most wonderful stay at this beautiful hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the gourmet restaurant and the big selection of good French wines. The view from the restaurant of the ancient town St Paul and the Mediterranean was amazing. The rooms were big and beautifully decorated and very clean. I can only highly recommend this beautiful hotel and I look forward to my next stay there.
L. Gillette