All reviewsfirst floorpaul de vencewonderful staythe location is perfectcomfortable bedfrench rivieralovely poolbeautiful viewchefterracevalleyvillagewineslinensprovence
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Alain Llorca is set in an idyllic location, with a fantastic view. The rooms are themed after an artist (I stayed in the Michelangelo room) so works from the artist are included, in a subtle and tasteful way- not at all overdone. The restaurant offers delicious food (not surprising for France), a great breakfast and overall friendly service. Located in the historic town of St. Paul de Vence, the whole area is filled with art. A visit to the Fondation Maeght is a must. I walked back from the museum (it's a 30 min. walk to the hotel) and it's a perfect setting. I felt right at home. Would I recommend it? without a doubt.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor facing the old town of st. paul would offer an amazing view. The Michelangelo room is wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank R B
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We were looking for a good hotel for the night needing to meet family arriving the next day at Nice Airport just 25 minutes away. I just wished we good have stayed longer.
This is really a restaurant with rooms but what rooms! Ours and it seemed all the rooms had amazing views and the evening meal in the restaurant was first class in every respect.
Could not be faulted.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My family and I had the most wonderful stay at this beautiful hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the gourmet restaurant and the big selection of good French wines. The view from the restaurant of the ancient town St Paul and the Mediterranean was amazing. The rooms were big and beautifully decorated and very clean. I can only highly recommend this beautiful hotel and I look forward to my next stay there.
L. Gillette

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Quite simply a wonderful restaurant with attentive, knowledgeable and very friendly staff. We stayed in the hotel and had a fantastic dinner. It wasn't cheap but it was worth every penny, unlike our multiple experiences of Gordon Ramsey and other so-called celebrity chefs. The chef himself, Monsieur Llorca was charming and I just don't recognise the comments from negative reviewers as being about the same chef or restaurant. In fact, I loved it so much I proposed to my girlfriend...and she said yes.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Place has a perfect location, overpriced but excellent food . I would not mind to come to this restaurant again if not for chef very bad and unpleasant attitude to persons not speaking French.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple