All reviewsfirst floorpaul de vencewonderful staythe location is perfectcomfortable bedfrench rivieralovely poolbeautiful viewchefterracevalleyvillagewineslinensprovence
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I went there to take place in one of Alain Llorca's cooking classes with friends and enjoy the south for a nice week-end.

The hotel rooms are very spacious ( I saw two of them) furnished with taste and have great bathrooms. I loved the little sofa setting and the coffe machines which added cozyness to the room.

The staff was super friendly and for morningbreakfast we had a real treat.

I would recommend to have dinner in the restaurant I went there several times and the food is very good creative and tasty starters and a good choice of main courses.

I have experienced a great friendly service. I enjoy to take time when I have a good meal in a good setting. Those who expectto run a three course dinner in 1 hours may get a little nervous with the pace specially if you come off season. But good comapny, great food, good wine, a fantastic view and friendly service how much more does one need to enjoy some time off?

I found prices very fait and in good relation with the quality of the food.

The location of the hotel is also very good if you want to see some more of the area. In summer you are at a nice distance from the overcroweded seashore: Dive into the crowd and the sea when you feel like it and when you have had enough of it return to the calmer backcountry with a breeze in 15 minutes... seems like a perfect mix.

I clearly recommend the place

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank lunaine
Reviewed 3 July 2011

i stayed here on a family holiday with my parents and 11 year old son. The rooms were luxurious the bathrooms fantastic, the coffee machine was a great touch.
The location is great if you have a car and want to explore the region. We did everthing from monaco to st tropez using this hotel as a base.
The restaurant run by alain llorca himself is amazing. The views, food, service combine to make it one of the nicest in the area.
The staff is courteous and very helpful.
To sum it up, its a great place to stay if you are looking for a luxury.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The hotel performance is good (room, service, breakfast). But beware: The restaurant is by far overpriced (service bad, food ok, prices out of this world). And at checkout they do not remember what you agreed with them - the bill is totally confusing, and they are charging breakfast although included in the price, they are charging children, although included in the price, and if you dispute amounts, they just say "I have your credt card and will charge it anyhow".

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank abrell
Reviewed 16 May 2011

This hotel was apparently previously called Clos des Arts before the current ownership by chef Allain Llorca, but the management has probably remained the same (at least the reservation manager/ clerk who first told me it was alright to change my booking and alright that I left my 132 euros deposit with the hotel even after the date change is the same person and stills works with the hotel (at least until 4 weeks ago after which she decided to ignore my repeated emails and tried to cut off communication with me).

The hotel had not been able to produce any terms and conditions to justify their refusal to return my unused deposit. They produced the same terms & conditions that were advised to me and when I pointed out that I had been fully compliant with all the terms & conditions shown to me both when I made my booking last year and what they were showing me now, they must have realised that they really have no legal grounds to confiscate my deposit - at which point they just cut off communication.

I'm currently pursuing the matter with both industry bodies and government bodies. As far as I'm concerned, this is just dishonest practice.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MKHH101
Reviewed 10 May 2011

we had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The location is perfect for touring and very close to St Paul de Vence which is well worth a visit. The staff were very helpful and the room which we had with a balcony had views across to Nice and St Paul. We had an excellent meal in the restaurant which in summer has a lovely balcony with fine views. we will certainly be back for another visit!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple