“I didn't find it funny...but it's a good deal”
Review of Alaskan Leopard Comedy Tours - CLOSED

Alaskan Leopard Comedy Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaskan Leopard Tours offers the best value in cruise transfers from Anchorage to the cruise ports of Whittier and Seward. We include a safari at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center in all our tours. We also offer private transfers as well in addition to private tours elsewhere in Alaska.
Reviewed 10 July 2008

First of all I have to say that this is the cheapest Whittier/Alaska tour I found out there - and it stops at all of the same neat places as the expensive tours - so in that way, I think it is a good deal, but I can't say that the experience was what I had expected.
First of all, there is not a live guide, but rather a video of a set of people that is pretty well coordinated with your surroundings. You will learn some information from the video, but I really didn't find it funny at all - and found myself groaning a lot more than I laughed. In my opinion, much of the humor is innappropriate for kids, and while these jokes are designed to go over kids' heads (and they probably do) the kids on my tour just looked bored. My husband and I both also dozed off at one point or another during the trip, so I can't call the commentary particularly engaging from our point of view.
On the upside, the free snack at the Portage Lake visitor center was yummy (try the hot chocolate).
Overall, the price was right, and the stops were fine, but we were somewhat dissappointed by the video tour. I would, however, definitely reccomend this tour if the only other option is to drive to Anchorage without stopping - because the stops on the way (Portage Lake, wildlife refuge) are both really fantastic.

1  Thank ZZZsababa
Leopard, Creative Director at Alaskan Leopard Comedy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2008

All critics are welcome...smile. Even the ones that don't find our jokes funny...they truly are quite silly and over the past nine years we haven't had a disappointed audience. There is not "live" entertainment on board, we don't advertise as such, so we're not sure where this guest got that impression. Teenagers always fall asleep on tours...after all, their folks made them go on vacation and leave all of their friends at home...remember those days!

We thank this reviewer for her other compliments however as she’s right. We truly do offer a great value and a wonderful alternative to the regular cruise ship transfer offering…identical to ours...except that it costs three times more...smile.

Reviewed 2 June 2007

Last year we arrived in Whittier off the Sapphire Princess. We had Alaskan Leopard pick us up. They were very good. It was funny, interesting, and knowledgeable all at the same time. We stopped at a few tourist locations including an animal rescue/zoo. The ride included snacks and drinks. Upon arrival in Anchorage, those os us who chose to go to downtown were taken to the Princess staging area where we could drop off our luggage and walk around town for a while. We enjoyed the Alaskan Leopard trip.
We are going back this year, but don't have time to go to town. The Alaskan Leopard will drop you off at the airport instead. He is a little higher than the other transportation companies, but it does included two tours before arriving in Anchorage. Well worth the $49. pp

2  Thank chloekitty