Holiday Inn Express Anchorage
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
US$ 183
US$ 134
US$ 67
ClarionHotels
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 111
BestWestern.com
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
US$ 185
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to the airporthi expressstayed hereroom was cleanvillage innnext morningwould stay here againfree breakfastnice breakfastfree shuttle servicewithin walking distancefront desk staffrental carhot breakfasta great place to staylong flightindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We brought a group of students to this hotel for two nights, and returned later in the week for another night. We were received warmly each time! (That doesn't always happen when traveling with students.)

The hotel is not expensive (by Alaskan standards) yet it is clean and comfortable - and they offer an above-average, complimentary breakfast each morning. As a matter of fact, the ladies in the breakfast room should be nominated for employees of the year! They are friendly, helpful and efficient. Our last morning, one woman asked if the rest of the group was coming - and when she learned that they were, she set the others preparing more food so that it would be out in time for their arrival!

The pool and exercise room are clean and in good repair, although the switch on the hot tub didn't work correctly.

Our rooms were bright and airy, clean and comfortable.

There was plenty of lighted parking both in front of and behind the hotel.

At least six restaurants (from fast food to inexpensive family) are located within two blocks, and a fine dining restaurant was an easy walk away.

Enjoy the Alaska decor in the lobby of this reasonably priced hotel~

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TerminationDust
Reviewed 23 April 2012

It was a great stay and good service. The room was nice and they have a very nice decor. Cozy and comfy.....

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We recently stayed at The Holiday Express Anchorage for the second time and the stay was comfortable and fairly priced for the area. The staff are all friendly and helpful and the breakfast for the most part is good. The only minor problems were at check in. I had previously requested a room on the top floor and we were given a room on the second floor. The receptionist told us that there were no rooms cleaned, we said we would wait. She then switched us to a room on the top floor that she said was reserved for someone else. We thanked her and headed to the room. Someone chased after us on the third floor and explained that they had already given that room out. After a few brief moments going back and forth in the hallway, they found us another clean room on that floor.
Another very minor complaint involves the breakfast. The selection is usually pretty good but this time they had the same type of omelets all four days we were there. Some more variety would be nice.
All and all, our stay was nice, comfortable and we wil definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank K2Travels
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Hi,I'm a platinum member of this hotel over 150 stays a yr,they've always treated me n my son with kindness n respect until mgr Brett Hubbard came on board,,he has been rude,unco-operative ,& basically changed my rate,,& tried to charge me 180.$ for 2 hrs when my winter rate has always been 79$ steady,what happened to the nice mngrs,Theresa P,& John,etc,like I said I stayed over 150 times a yr,& now you lost my business,doesn't that count for anything,if you lose that 1 mngr& compensate me with points I might return my business,the rest of the staff love us there,first name basis,mines Carmen,I just returned from Manila galleria holiday inn express & they respected this platinum member w/ upgrades & kindness,replace that mngr

Room Tip: Go elsewhere until they replace with a kind understanding mngr,,uncooperative ,nasty disposition,I'd recommend crown plaza or microtel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmen P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Carmen P,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.
As you may already be aware, Rates are constantly changing. We can never guarantee a rate to stay the same all the time. I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Absolutely love this place! We've stay here once a month and find it to be the best place in anchorage. It has a great price, is smoke free, complimentary hi speed Internet, pool, hot tub, workout area, great parking, and to top it all off, a free hot continental breakfast! The rooms aren't the most spacious, but they are very clean, updated, and quiet. The staff are always professional and cheery. If you have children, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank fallenangel2442
GlobalTravellerANC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for your review.