We brought a group of students to this hotel for two nights, and returned later in the week for another night. We were received warmly each time! (That doesn't always happen when traveling with students.)
The hotel is not expensive (by Alaskan standards) yet it is clean and comfortable - and they offer an above-average, complimentary breakfast each morning. As a matter of fact, the ladies in the breakfast room should be nominated for employees of the year! They are friendly, helpful and efficient. Our last morning, one woman asked if the rest of the group was coming - and when she learned that they were, she set the others preparing more food so that it would be out in time for their arrival!
The pool and exercise room are clean and in good repair, although the switch on the hot tub didn't work correctly.
Our rooms were bright and airy, clean and comfortable.
There was plenty of lighted parking both in front of and behind the hotel.
At least six restaurants (from fast food to inexpensive family) are located within two blocks, and a fine dining restaurant was an easy walk away.
Enjoy the Alaska decor in the lobby of this reasonably priced hotel~
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport is conveniently located just 1 mile from the Ted Steven s Anchorage International Airport and 10 minutes from Anchorage s historic downtown district, with all the major shopping and fine dinning restaurants. Take a ride on the Alaska Railroad, see the starting line of the world famous Iditarod trail, kids can play at the Imaginarium or H2Oais Indoor Water Park. Attend events at the Egan Center, the Sullivan Arena,the new Dena ina Civic & Convention Center or Anchorage s Performing Arts Center. Alyeska Ski Resort and the town of Girdwood are a short drive south on the New Seward Highway, along the Turnagain Arm where you can look out for wildlife such as moose, Dall sheep and the bald eagle. But if you don t see them on the road, you can visit the Alaska Zoo or Big Game Alaska Wildlife Center. Surrounding companies include, BP Exploration, Conoco Phillips, North Slope Telecom, Inc., and Arctic Slope Regional Corp. The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport has 129 smartly appointed guestrooms, with microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms, Free wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, 24 hour airport shuttle, and our Express Start Breakfast Bar featuring our world famous cinnamon rolls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Anchorage