“Manager can't think outside the box”

Holiday Inn Express Anchorage
Ranked #28 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Hi,I'm a platinum member of this hotel over 150 stays a yr,they've always treated me n my son with kindness n respect until mgr Brett Hubbard came on board,,he has been rude,unco-operative ,& basically changed my rate,,& tried to charge me 180.$ for 2 hrs when my winter rate has always been 79$ steady,what happened to the nice mngrs,Theresa P,& John,etc,like I said I stayed over 150 times a yr,& now you lost my business,doesn't that count for anything,if you lose that 1 mngr& compensate me with points I might return my business,the rest of the staff love us there,first name basis,mines Carmen,I just returned from Manila galleria holiday inn express & they respected this platinum member w/ upgrades & kindness,replace that mngr

Room Tip: Go elsewhere until they replace with a kind understanding mngr,,uncooperative ,nasty disposition,I...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmen P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Carmen P,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.
As you may already be aware, Rates are constantly changing. We can never guarantee a rate to stay the same all the time. I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Anchorage

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Absolutely love this place! We've stay here once a month and find it to be the best place in anchorage. It has a great price, is smoke free, complimentary hi speed Internet, pool, hot tub, workout area, great parking, and to top it all off, a free hot continental breakfast! The rooms aren't the most spacious, but they are very clean, updated, and quiet. The staff are always professional and cheery. If you have children, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank fallenangel2442
GlobalTravellerANC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Good clean hotel with friendly staff located only minutes from the airport. They offer free airport shuttle service and free breakfast. Great

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard J
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Stayed at the HIE Anchorage on a couple of occasions during a road trip in Alaska. It's a good base for the city, and close to airport. US$7 cab from terminal.

The check-in was swift and friendly. Had pre-booked (and also came back at the end of my stay in Alaska.

A nice large room (1st stay was on the lower flr - one below reception, and looking out onto a wall; the 2nd stay was on same level as reception and had better outlook, although I wasnt in the room for its view!)

The airport shuttle was excellent - basically you could call reception from airport phone, and they'd come and pick you up. The return journey to airp[ort was great aswell.

Good breakfast included aswell.

Overall, really good stay, and would definately choose if I was flying into Anchorage.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the same level mas reception, or the one above. DON'T go for ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank nickss1
GlobalTravellerANC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

Thank you for your comments. Please request "high floor" next time you visit and will be happy to accomodate you.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Anchorage for three nights in late October. There are many things about this hotel to recommend it but a few things that the management should look into. Lets start with the good: Nice comfortable lobby, a tasty hot breakfast incuding a pancake machine (never saw one of those before), scrambled eggs, biscuts and gravy and some type of breakfast meat (bacon, ham or sausage). The rooms are fairly spacious and comfortable and everything seemed to be clean and well maintained. The room had a good sized fridge and a microwave (which we did not use and frankly I would prefer the space be used for a room safe instead).The price was reasonable for the area and the hotel is certainly conveniently located.

The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. This leads me to the not-so-good, although the staff tried to be helpful, I feel that they lacked the training needed. On almost every interaction the person at the front had to go get someone else to help. Another negative occurred when quite early in the morning the maid came to our room and asked us if we would like it cleaned. I responded yes but could she give us a few minutes, She said yes but apparently forgot to return as the room was never cleaned. In the late afternoon, after returning to our room, I called housekeeping with no answer and then the front desk explaining our room had not been cleaned but we at least needed clean towels. Someone did bring up the towels and emptied our trash. She explained that they had sent the cleaning staff home early. Shouldn't the maid have told them she hadn't cleaned all the rooms before she left?

In the balance, the good outweighs the less than good and we enjoyed our stay. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Definitely second floor. Soom rooms have reviews of the mountain range (ours did not).
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple