We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Anchorage for three nights in late October. There are many things about this hotel to recommend it but a few things that the management should look into. Lets start with the good: Nice comfortable lobby, a tasty hot breakfast incuding a pancake machine (never saw one of those before), scrambled eggs, biscuts and gravy and some type of breakfast meat (bacon, ham or sausage). The rooms are fairly spacious and comfortable and everything seemed to be clean and well maintained. The room had a good sized fridge and a microwave (which we did not use and frankly I would prefer the space be used for a room safe instead).The price was reasonable for the area and the hotel is certainly conveniently located.
The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. This leads me to the not-so-good, although the staff tried to be helpful, I feel that they lacked the training needed. On almost every interaction the person at the front had to go get someone else to help. Another negative occurred when quite early in the morning the maid came to our room and asked us if we would like it cleaned. I responded yes but could she give us a few minutes, She said yes but apparently forgot to return as the room was never cleaned. In the late afternoon, after returning to our room, I called housekeeping with no answer and then the front desk explaining our room had not been cleaned but we at least needed clean towels. Someone did bring up the towels and emptied our trash. She explained that they had sent the cleaning staff home early. Shouldn't the maid have told them she hadn't cleaned all the rooms before she left?
In the balance, the good outweighs the less than good and we enjoyed our stay. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport is conveniently located just 1 mile from the Ted Steven s Anchorage International Airport and 10 minutes from Anchorage s historic downtown district, with all the major shopping and fine dinning restaurants. Take a ride on the Alaska Railroad, see the starting line of the world famous Iditarod trail, kids can play at the Imaginarium or H2Oais Indoor Water Park. Attend events at the Egan Center, the Sullivan Arena,the new Dena ina Civic & Convention Center or Anchorage s Performing Arts Center. Alyeska Ski Resort and the town of Girdwood are a short drive south on the New Seward Highway, along the Turnagain Arm where you can look out for wildlife such as moose, Dall sheep and the bald eagle. But if you don t see them on the road, you can visit the Alaska Zoo or Big Game Alaska Wildlife Center. Surrounding companies include, BP Exploration, Conoco Phillips, North Slope Telecom, Inc., and Arctic Slope Regional Corp. The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport has 129 smartly appointed guestrooms, with microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms, Free wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, 24 hour airport shuttle, and our Express Start Breakfast Bar featuring our world famous cinnamon rolls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Anchorage