I would probably give this hotel a 2.5 if possible. We stayed here on the way in and out of Anchorage. We stayed in two rooms and were in three (one of the room smelled like smoke so we asked for another room). All three rooms had different degrees of smell. Our last room was very dirty. Bathroom was dusty. There were several hairs on the floor and bathtub that did not belong to us. The rating for breakfast was very bad to bad. You are better off going to the McDonalds across the street. The internet in the last room that we stayed in was a little far from the lobby so it didn't even work. They did not have any replacement toothbrush even though there was a tag in the room that says they have replacement. The first room we stayed in was noisy. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Europe many times and we expected better. The very high price of this hotel does not help the situation. I understand that hotels are very expensive in Anchorage but we have traveled to lots of places in America and Europe and the value of this hotel is very low. I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport is conveniently located just 1 mile from the Ted Steven s Anchorage International Airport and 10 minutes from Anchorage s historic downtown district, with all the major shopping and fine dinning restaurants. Take a ride on the Alaska Railroad, see the starting line of the world famous Iditarod trail, kids can play at the Imaginarium or H2Oais Indoor Water Park. Attend events at the Egan Center, the Sullivan Arena,the new Dena ina Civic & Convention Center or Anchorage s Performing Arts Center. Alyeska Ski Resort and the town of Girdwood are a short drive south on the New Seward Highway, along the Turnagain Arm where you can look out for wildlife such as moose, Dall sheep and the bald eagle. But if you don t see them on the road, you can visit the Alaska Zoo or Big Game Alaska Wildlife Center. Surrounding companies include, BP Exploration, Conoco Phillips, North Slope Telecom, Inc., and Arctic Slope Regional Corp. The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport has 129 smartly appointed guestrooms, with microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms, Free wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, 24 hour airport shuttle, and our Express Start Breakfast Bar featuring our world famous cinnamon rolls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Anchorage