New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Detroit, MI
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Stayed 2 nights on a business trip, very conveninet place. Everything is within walking distance, mall, restaurants, museum is right across the street from the hotel.
The staff was very friendly, and very accomodating. Breakfast was also very good.
Would defintely stay here again. It is now my preferred place to stay at when i'm in downtown anchorage on business.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Labella248
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for 4 nights but the night staff decided they didn't want us to stay here for what reason I don't know?! The night crew were rude frount desk was ignoring customers and when I told her she was rude I guess she told her security for us to leave on our second night in -10 weather and we had alot of stuff to gather up witch they didn't give us much time I think they were racist against myhusband because what his skin color is I advise no one to stay here!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank Boosbabymomma

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed for 11 days and had a great time. The staff was very professional and courteous. The rooms were clean; not fancy but definitely comfortable. I would recommend staying here. Free breakfast and airport shuttle.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank stanleyak
Silver Spring, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I really liked the room and location...too bad they don't know how to operate a shuttle. I called after arriving at the airport and was told it would take 30 minutes. After a full hour I had to call again, all the while watching every other hotel shuttle come multiple times for the 15 minute ride downtown. No real apology either...I was just told that's how the shuttle is sometimes. They never tried to make it right, and didn't seem to care all that much that I was really ticked off. I wouldn't stay here again after this experience...very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 41378Mike
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I'm not going to write a long review, because we were here for about 14 hours. We selected this hotel because of its downtown location, and the free airport shuttle. We flew into Anchorage to begin a two-week Kenai vacation. I found that I could save several hundred dollars on our car rental if I rented from the Hertz downtown, instead of the airport location.

We had to wait about 45 minutes for the airport shuttle, but I think the driver had just left the airport when we called. So, he had to deliver the guests to the hotel, and return for us.

The neighborhood is safe, with lots of shopping nearby. We walked to a local diner for supper.

The rooms are large enough - two queen beds and a sofa bed in a seating area. Microwave, fridge, etc - what you would expect in a "suite" at a mid-price hotel. The room seemed a bit narrow, but not really a problem. The window shades were dark, which is important in the summertime in Alaska!

Check-in and check-out were easy. Breakfast was abundant, with a nice variety - NOT just sweet rolls and cereal. I walked about 5 blocks to the Hertz rental office, and we were gone by 10 AM to begin our Alaska adventure.

Check-out my trip blog at: http://kenaipeninsulavacation.blogspot.com/

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family