“Not that great”

Comfort Inn Ship Creek
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I agree with some others have said about this hotel.. It may be convenient to the rail terminal but I was here during the winter on busoness and the hotel is not close to anything. it is at the bottom is a hill and at times I was not sure the rental car was going to make it on the snow/ice.
The front desk folks are so uninterested in their jobs I could not believe it.
The internet had to be the worse...not just in the room, where i gave up, bu it was just as bad at the "business" termianl located in the lobby. Every web site was an "internet timeout" "could not retrieve the page". I waited until I got to a Starbucks to do any work.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank peter b
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Ship Creek

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Room was okay. Nothing special, nothing awful.

The location might be fine when the weather's better, but during the winter, being down at the bottom of a hill wasn't so fun with the snow-packed roads. I never got stuck, but it was a near thing.

And the internet was bad, not at all reliable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Jane G
cgiliam, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that our guest internet was not working for you during your stay. We did receive more complaints about the efficiency about our internet system and since have upgraded to a much faster, more efficient system. We want to make sure that we do everything possible to make our guests have a pleasant stay with us. I do apologize about the road conditions though and unfortunately those are out of my control. Thank you again for your feedback as it can only help us improve.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I came in on a late flight and was given an unbearably smelly room, room 106. Couldn't sleep and requested a room change at 3am. I moved across the hall and slept a few hours. Next morning I discovered that my coat, car keys and cell phone were gone, stolen from the first room while I slept. I had to call Hertz for replacement keys and nearly missed my interview that morning. The following morning there was no internet service and so I left to find another hotel in town. But I left my pillow in the room and called them at noon to see if they had it. Nope, it is also gone. I have replaced my coat, rental car, cell phone and bought a trac-phone while my new phone ships to my job site. I have not yet replaced my pillow, I still can't get over that fact that someone stole that. But it seems to indicate that the thief is an employee of the hotel. Management has taken no responsibility at all. I do not know who owns this hotel or I would write this letter to them.

Room Tip: Internet does not work, they may rob you blind, or like me, cause you to waste an additional day in...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Heather Y
Catherine B, Guest Services Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I deeply apologize that your stay at this hotel was terrible and about all of the situations that had happen to you. I understand how frustrating this is and I would like to talk to you further about the situation. I apologize again for your negative experience and I hope you do not judge the entire company by this experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. I would like to resolve this situation. Thank you for your time and your feedback.

Catherine Bly
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 16 December 2011

I would hate for a first timer to stay here and have a bad FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE. People sneak their dogs in the rooms, dog hair was all over the top bed covers, sink was clogged, black mold was present in the restroom, in its beginning stages ( not to serious but enough to make it feel cheap, and uncomfortable) No light switches, just lamps, and my biggest pet peeve, was the walls and floors are paper thin, I could hear individuals on the third floor walking around as if they were having a river dance competition, and then the neighbor next to me could be heard all night on his phone. All these ingredients just creeped me out, I felt that this would be somebody would take a prostitue too. I have pictures of these issues and plan on turning them in, the one that put the icing on the cake was the awesome art work of nasal mucus that was put on the wall, and dried up. This room was purchased for a holiday party that I attended so i did not have to drive home, and I was still disgusted with this place. I would not pay 5 dollars to ever rent a room from this location. Please do not be fooled by the pictures that are posted on the websites, yes they are amazing but what really matters is your room. Good luck , and to any new visitors please do you research before a place like this ruines your Trip of a lifetime. Good Day !!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Joshua V

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I am terribly embarrassed and deeply apologize for the horrific stay that you had at our property. The housekeeping issues especially have no excuses. It is because of these comments and comments from others that we have gotten a new Executive Housekeeper that is making great strides in correcting these problems and making sure that they never occur in the future. I can guarentee you that the issues that you encountered during your stay is not how we want to run this property and is not how we want to portray ourselves to incoming guests. We would love to discuss this further with you compensate you in some way as no guest should pay for what you encountered. Please call Catherine Bly the Guest Services Manager at the hotel and we would be happy to discuss this matter with you. Again I am terribly sorry for what you had to go through and thank you for your feedback as it can only help us improve how we operate the hotel.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

the hotel is on a salmon fishing creek, next to the train to port, next to the wild ride sled dog rodeo and the lobby has great lodge decor. Cookies and milk too! the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mac658

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. We are so glad that our hotel was able to accomodate you and your family on your vacation. We have plenty of upgrades in store for 2012 and hope that you can come back and enjoy them with us again.