“Always great food!!!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 10 February 2017

I love this place! We frequent the one off old Seward at least every other week if not more and my husband eats at the one downtown for lunch often! We have never had a bad meal here! The shrimp poboy is my favorite! My husband usually gets whatever the special is for the day! Love the sausage! Husband had calamari poboy last week and said it was cooked to perfection! On super bowl Sunday we were going to cook wings, but decided to go get some and skip the work. Went to two different wing places that said they were not taking anymore orders, went to gumbo house and saw they had wings on their menu. They are not like hot wings, but grilled wings. They were great! Gustavo and his daughter are always extremely nice too!

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We ate there at lunch. I ordered the catfish po boy, which was delicious and huge. Amazing catfish, freshly fried and crispy, light corn meal breading, plenty of lettuce and just the right amount of aoli. I chose the potato salad as my side and it was creamy, a little mustardy and the red-skinned potatoes were perfectly cooked. The bowl portion of jambalaya or gumbo is huge.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a new and interesting place to have lunch in Anchorage. We enjoy Cajun food but many places have dry bread and over done po'boys but not the gumbo house. Based on reviews we asked for the calamari Po-Boys as it was not on the menu. It was fantastic and we enjoyed it immensely. The service was quick and the food was wonderful. The only reason I did not give it a five-star was at the parking was difficult and the space was somewhat small and would have been difficult had we brought our entire family of 5 with us. But for the just my husband and I it was the perfect place for a Sunday afternoon late lunch. We will definitely be back

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I've been trying to find the best fried oyster in Anchorage. this is by far the best fried oysters you can have in town. they bring it really fast and very friendly.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

we had a nice lunch at this cute place! from our table we could even see the chef cooking whitch was fun:) we also liked the atmosphere- easy going and friendly. thos is really cool place and the food was delicious! go there if you have the chance!