“Wildflower Inn”

and 1 more site!
Wildflower Inn
Ranked #3 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My husband and I spent a week traveling through Alaska, before our southbound cruise to Vancouver. The last two nights, 12 and 13 September, were spent at A Wildflower Inn, thanks to TA recommendations! We had a rental car, and as we approached the Inn (not knowing this was were we were going to be staying!), I commented to my husband what an absolutely magnificent house it was. So I was really excited when I realised this was it!! We stayed in the Fireweed Suite which was absolutely wonderful. We had two huge rooms, both with television, and our own bathroom. Our room was upstairs with a lovely view of the streets outside (corner property). Cannot remember now if Larry or Alan was our host - one was away at the time, but he was fantastic. Before leaving for the night, the host would ask what our breakfast plans were, whether we would be having breakfast downstairs, etc. This was so nice, as other places we had stayed during that week, had merely left items in a fridge to be used as breakfast. This was a warm, hearty, wonderful, English-type breakfast. On our first morning there, we had planned to drive all the way to Seward, so we were given a lovely, packed breakfast to take along. It was a very wet and cold day, so we found this nice covered area at Seward, overlooking the water, where we unpacked our food and enjoyed it. On our second morning at the Inn, we enjoyed breakfast with the other guests. Absolutely wonderful, with freshly made pancakes to just die for!! The Inn's location is wonderful, even though we had a rental car. The food market across the street was great for snacks and they had lots of ready-made meals to take away. I also appreciated the fact that I could go downstairs to make tea or coffee whenever I wanted to. Overall, we had a really great stay, and I would not even consider staying anywhere else, should we ever again have the opportunity to visit Anchorage. My husband has never liked B&B's (likes lots of privacy), but even he was very satisfied. (Unfortunately I only have video footage, with no photos to add here).
Thea & Coen, South Africa

Room Tip: I can only judge the Fireweed Suite where we stayed, but absolutely loved it, as it was facing two s...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank 2travelislife2me
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic time at the Wildflower Inn during our trip to Anchorage this past May. We book-ended our trip to Alaska in Anchorage and stayed at the Wildflower Inn for 2 nights at the beginning and 2 nights at the end of the trip; both were great and very comfortable. We stayed in the Lupine Suite for the first stay and in the Wild Iris room for the latter part of our trip. The hosts--Allan and Larry--were so personable; they made us feel at home from the moment we were there. We could come and go as we pleased. They worked with our schedule on breakfast (which was SO incredibly delicious each morning) and made sure there was always reindeer sausage, since we liked it so much. Each breakfast was a hot, homemade meal and different every time.

We stayed in 2 other bed and breakfasts in other cities in Alaska during our travels and none compared to the Wildflower Inn. We were quite happy to return for the last 2 days. It's also a perfect location to Anchorage. We could walk into Anchorage (about 0.5 miles from downtown) and never used our car when we were staying in town. There's also a neighbor nearby who has a pet Reindeer--we enjoyed saying "hi" to Star every time we walked by.

We highly recommend staying here on your travels to Anchorage. The prices are great too, especially for all that you are getting.

Room Tip: The Lupine room is upstairs and is extremely comfortable. You get two rooms really with this one--th...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joy M
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This is a wonderful B&B just a few blocks from the center of downtown Anchorage. We stayed in the Lupine Suite for two nights and were quite pleased. Larry is a terrific host (we only met Allan briefly) who makes a great breakfast and loves to share his knowledge of the area. Our suite was two rooms -- one with a king bed and one with a futon. The king bed was extremely comfortable, but our adult son said the futon was a little lumpy, but he did enjo the privacy the extra room provided. The private bath was small, but there was plenty of hot water and the towels were good. The Inn is very well maintained, spotlessly clean inside and beautiful flowers abound outside. If you are a light sleeper, please note that the Inn is on a fairly busy street and the street noise may be bothersome in the morning. There are only three rooms here so book early.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank GuthriesMom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Two nights, two delicious gourmet breakfasts, pots and pots of good coffee, comfy beds, and hosts that I want as my new best friends. Loved it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank scoutjones
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I stayed for 3 nights at the Wildflower Inn during my recent trip to Canada and Alaska and really enjoyed it. Allan was so welcoming and always keen for a chat, so I felt very comfortable, like I was staying at a home away from home. The location is good - no more than a 10 minute walk to the centre of town. There is also a nice supermarket across the road and a gourmet bakery a few blocks away that looks to be a favourite with the locals. Allan is a great cook - breakfasts around the shared table every morning were amazing, and it's also nice to have a chat with the other guests. There was some traffic noise in my upstairs bedroom, but that really was the only minor issue that I had during my stay. I would definitely recommend this B & B to anyone going to Anchorage. Thanks for your hospitality Allan and for those great breakfasts!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo