Anchorage Downtown Hotel
US$ 322
US$ 301
EmbassySuites.com
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$ 245
US$ 212
Dimond Center
US$ 234
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Was in town for Office Christmas party and dint want to spend alot of money for a quick sleep and many rooms around where already booked for the weekend.
Looked clean and offered a $60 Queen and free shuttle to and from downtown where we needed to go parking was $7 so less then 1/2 off compared to normal $20.
Was a little tough getting to with 1 way streets and parking was tight .
When called to reserve stated all they had was 2 twins they would give us for same price but when we arrived got us a King for $75.
Room was very small not much walking around room but bed was pretty comfortable Tv was New Large and had good channels, Bathroom was clean Water Pressure Excellent with a rain shower head ! Was a little noisy on occasion from other room and water sounds.
Got a little warm couldnt find a thermostate control but there was a ceiling fan
And untill I thought about turning it on I didnt notice the collection of dust bunnies and a broke bulb cover. I didnt turn it on cause well I didnt want them in bed with me.
They did provide us with a quick shuttle to and from that was quick and driver nice and free botteled water they had a breakfast but ended before we got down there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The staff was incredibly friendly and the hotel was very clean. I was supposed to pay for parking, but because there were a lot of others parking, I never got charged. I was exhausted from my trip and fell into the bed, and boy was I pleasantly surprised! I didn't want to get out of the bed either of the next mornings. I had a queen suite and it was wonderful. If/when I get back to Anchorage I'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Needed an inexpensive, convenient place to stay before catching an early morning flight. My husband & I checked-in, but didn't go to the room, because it was getting late and wanted to get to dinner. We return about 10pm to discover our room had 2 twins & not the queen I had reserved. A call to the front desk only got me an apology. Tired and not wanting to deal with it that night, we put the twins together and made a King! In the morning the owner was there when I went to check-out and graciously not only apologized, but inquired as to if we lived locally and gave me a credit for a future stay. I'm sure if we were from out-of-state, he would have reduced or refunded our current stay. The place was quiet, comfortable and convenient for us. We were able to park on the street in front of the hotel for free. Parking meter fees are from 9am to 6pm. There is limited parking behind the hotel & a fee parking lot less than 1/2 block from the front door ($5 for the day). The hotel is 3 stories & there isn't an elevator, and the office is 1/2 story down. If you are looking for luxury, this isn't it, but if you are looking for a place for a short stay, that is close to downtown, and a place to bunk while you are seeing the sights in and around Anchorage, at a reasonable price, I would recommend the Anchorage Downtown Hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor is down 1/2 flight of stairs, not ground level. I did not have the breakfast, so can't comment. Airport shuttle is limited in winter months.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Great price for a double bed room. Free shuttle service to the airport and train depot. Congenital desk clerks! Horrible breakfast! Free Wifi. Not a great location to the downtown centre if your primary mode of transportation is walking. Close proximity to the natural food market.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The room was cleaner than most hotel rooms. The guests staying there were regular working people--not any street people. We had to sign something saying we would not be consuming alcohol or bringing any pets into the rooms. We had to pay an addtional $7 for parking. The small breakfast consisted of muffins, toast, muffins, donuts, coffee and maybe a juice. The rooms are small, the walls are thin. I could hear someone on their romantic get away. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family