“Best beds, ever.”

Anchorage Downtown Hotel
Ranked #60 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The staff was incredibly friendly and the hotel was very clean. I was supposed to pay for parking, but because there were a lot of others parking, I never got charged. I was exhausted from my trip and fell into the bed, and boy was I pleasantly surprised! I didn't want to get out of the bed either of the next mornings. I had a queen suite and it was wonderful. If/when I get back to Anchorage I'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Anchorage Downtown Hotel

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Needed an inexpensive, convenient place to stay before catching an early morning flight. My husband & I checked-in, but didn't go to the room, because it was getting late and wanted to get to dinner. We return about 10pm to discover our room had 2 twins & not the queen I had reserved. A call to the front desk only got me an apology. Tired and not wanting to deal with it that night, we put the twins together and made a King! In the morning the owner was there when I went to check-out and graciously not only apologized, but inquired as to if we lived locally and gave me a credit for a future stay. I'm sure if we were from out-of-state, he would have reduced or refunded our current stay. The place was quiet, comfortable and convenient for us. We were able to park on the street in front of the hotel for free. Parking meter fees are from 9am to 6pm. There is limited parking behind the hotel & a fee parking lot less than 1/2 block from the front door ($5 for the day). The hotel is 3 stories & there isn't an elevator, and the office is 1/2 story down. If you are looking for luxury, this isn't it, but if you are looking for a place for a short stay, that is close to downtown, and a place to bunk while you are seeing the sights in and around Anchorage, at a reasonable price, I would recommend the Anchorage Downtown Hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor is down 1/2 flight of stairs, not ground level. I did not have the breakfast, so can'...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Great price for a double bed room. Free shuttle service to the airport and train depot. Congenital desk clerks! Horrible breakfast! Free Wifi. Not a great location to the downtown centre if your primary mode of transportation is walking. Close proximity to the natural food market.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The room was cleaner than most hotel rooms. The guests staying there were regular working people--not any street people. We had to sign something saying we would not be consuming alcohol or bringing any pets into the rooms. We had to pay an addtional $7 for parking. The small breakfast consisted of muffins, toast, muffins, donuts, coffee and maybe a juice. The rooms are small, the walls are thin. I could hear someone on their romantic get away. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I was in Anchorage for a medical meeting and had last minute issues with a hotel I was staying at, so I had to look for another. Immediately found Anchorage Downtown Hotel and was startled at the ease of finding a room. It was SO MUCH BETTER than the big chain hotels. It was home out of home. Decoration like grandmas house, people were very nice. I even got a chance of leaving my luggage stored after checkout since the flight was leaving so late. There's a shuttle that takes you to the airport, but since I was injured on a foot, they had no problem of taking me for free to a convenince store near by. You dont find that in big chain hotels. Thank you all at Anchorage Downtown Hotel... will be my first choice next time I visit Anchorage.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business