“Clean, comfortable property conveniently located” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
“Clean, comfortable property conveniently located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stay here frequently when in Anchorage for business or pleasure. Rates are reasonable, and location is perfect(midtown) if you have a car. rooms are average, beds comfortable. Service has always been excellent, and the continental breakfast is handy for grab and go. This trip however, I had a king room and the heating system was awfully loud, which kept me from a good night's sleep. Being a smaller room, I'll definitely request a queen room next time(larger size). Overall, a great value.

Room Tip: Choose a double/queen, as the king rooms seemed very small.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marne J
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our property and staff. I am sorry to hear about the noisy HVAC unit in your room. If you could give the hotel a call at your convenience and let us know what room you were in I will definitely have our Maintenance Engineer look at it.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed here for biz in Sept with 7 other people. The staff was courteous but they were installing new HD TV boxes while we were there. I usually don't allow anyone in my room during a stay since I have so many important work notes and valuable computers, etc...but they left a note saying someone was entering regardless of our needs or wants. I understood so I prepared and put my stuff away and they entered sometime while I was gone one day. The next day however, I returned back to see that people had been in my room AGAIN without my consent or knowledge. This is a big no-no for me. Although the place was decent, clean and fairly comfy, I wouldn't stay here again due to that lost of trust. I don't think anything was stolen but Im not comfortable with any hotel that feels they can enter as they please even when there's a 'do not disturb' sign on my door.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank underwaterman
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our state. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the installation of the HD Television system at the hotel during your stay. In the future I will amend the wording that was used to notify our guests of the necessity of guest room access while completing projects of this scope.
Valdez, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn a number of times for business and pleasure. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and nice. The staff is helpful and courteous. The Fairfield is a fine value in Anchorage.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Thank you so much for your comments, they are truly appreciated and will be shared with staff members. I hope to see you on your next trip to Anchorage!
Moorhead, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We spent a couple nights here before venturing toward Denali. Our room was above the kitchen, which was not good. The fans were loud! The room was clean and the staff were friendly. No frills place to stay. We picked it because we had marriot points.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, to the immediate left off the elevators, room on the left, i think it...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us on the 19th of September, I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and have passed them on to the Departments involved. This is the first comment I have received regarding the kitchen fan noises and I am glad you have brought this to my attention. I have requested the desk keep this in mind when assigning rooms for arrivals to make sure that this is one of the last rooms rented.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed here two times on a recent trip to Alaska. I stay very often at Fairfield Inns so I think I know what to expect. This hotel is fine, but nothing outstanding when compared to other Fairfield Inns around the country.

The room was nice enough. The regular room was average size with no refrigerator or microwave. The King suite has both and is the standard king suite for a Fairfield. The rooms were clean and in good condition. The breakfast was average. They had waffles you can make and fruit, yogurt, cereal, standard (blah) muffins and breads. All fine, but nothing extra or exciting. I did have the displeasure of having a milk at breakfast that was sour. No one seemed to be upset about it but me.

That sums up the hotel in total. The place is fine. Everything was good enough to keep me from being upset, but nothing better than average. Considering the cost is pretty high, having something better than most Fairfields would be a benefit.

The staff was nice enough, but some didn't appear to be trained very well. I had issues at both times when I checked in. Everything turned out to be okay, but the confusion was frustrating. When I presented an issue to people at the desk, they were very nice and sympathetic but didn't really fix anything or do anything significant.

The pool was also closed for a number of days with the only explanation that it was being cleaned. Hmmm...

I could stay here again and be comfortable with my decision, but next time I'll try another place to see if they can do better than just average.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Thank you very much for your comments, I will bring the issue you experienced with your milk to the attention of our Breakfast Hostess and do apologize that she did not meet your expectations.

Our pool was closed for a few days, it did need to be acid washed and it does take some time to make sure the chemicals are in balance after this procedure.

If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me.