“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Dublin, Ohio
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at 2 QB 1BA the day before we were heading back to Ohio. Their facilities , convenient location and service is everything that I could asked for. Room is spacious and comfy with well equip kitchen. Pretty good selection of breakfast and dinner. Both me and my daughter were excited when we saw 2 big bears display upon the entrance and that's a plus.

We will definitely come back and refer this hotels to our friends and family.

Note: Alaska Wild Berry Products, Inc is about 5 mins driving rom the hotel. They had wide variety of products with reasonable price in case you need to buy souvenirs or food in last minute. Accross from that, there were an ice cream stand and Reindeer Park but they close early.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Fionna A
Bryan G, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Fionna A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your trip with others on TripAdvisor. Im glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay and especially the bears in our lobby! I hope you will choose our hotel next time you are in Anchorage. Thanks again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Kenai, AK
Reviewed 29 April 2012

One of the selling points for this hotel is the complementary dinner and wine and beer from 5 to 7 pm. I was here for training for a week and I saved money by eating the dinner every night. Don’t expect 5 star dining but for free it was pretty good. The workout room and pool are clean and modern. The rooms are clean and very livable. The rooms all have a full size refrigerator, dishes, silverware, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and a small stove. The staff was always pleasant and helpful. If you plan on staying more than a day or two this place is great.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris G
Bryan G, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Chris G,

Thank you so very much for providing feedback from your recent stay with us in Anchorage. We are glad you enjoyed the facility and the complimentary dinner. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others on TriAdvisor.
Eagle River
Reviewed 26 April 2012

If you are going to be rude enough to actually expect a room when you have confirmed reservations, DO NOT book this hotel. I had confirmed reservations for two nights in a 1 bedroom king suite. When I got to the hotel, I was told that the only room available was a handicap room. The room reeked of urine. The smell was so bad, they had all the windows open and a deodorizing machine running on the counter to attempt to deal with the smell. I returned to the counter and they said I could get a regular room at a competing hotel across town. I informed them that this was not acceptable. I was sent on my way. I called Hilton corporate. After 20 minutes on hold, to find someone that spoke english, I was informed that I could NOT expect confirmed reservations to mean that I had a room reserved, after all the airlines do it all the time, and no other room was available in town. When I got irate and asked the alleged supervisor "What am I supossed to do, sleep in my damned car?" I was informed that if I was going to continue that kind of language, he would not deal with me and promptly hung up the phone. The property obviously does not need your business (well at least mine) and neither does Hilton.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank oldtiredfatguy
Dear OLDTIREDFATGUY,

Your unpleasant experience with us is highly out of the norm and I would love to discuss this with you further. Please contact the htoel directly and we will absolutely get to the bottom of the issues you encountered. The hotel just finished a renovation and all of our suites should be 100% up to the high Hilton standards. I anticipate hearing from you and appreciate your feedback.
DC
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Traveling from the east coast to run a workshop, the property was fine, safe and comfortable. The staff was pleasant. The meeting room and support was good and the location was very convenient and near the airport. The free Internet and the free breakfast and dinner (free dinner Monday through Thursday) was a nice touch. The lobby was cozy and had interesting information about the history of the area. I Liked the fact that there is a starbucks near by. Overall, a convenient nice place to use as a base when in Anchorage.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and go for a suite if you are not by yourself. Be sure to leave the cleaning staff...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tealight
Dear tealight,

Thanks for the great words about our brand new renovated Homewood suites by Hilton. We are glad your experience with the meeting rooms and other services was great. We hope to accommodate you again in the near future. Thanks for choosing our hotel.
Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I bank HiltonHonor points, so I elected this hotel. After Google-Earthing it, I was happy to see it was in a location that had the potential for views and could be a peaceful retreat. My expectations were exceeded, primarily by the reception staff, who took it upon themselves to make me as comfortable as possible. My only, slight negative would be the complimentary appetizers. Other, Homewood Suites in which I've stayed (most recently, Houston Clear Lake), afforded appetizers from local restaurants which was a real pleasure. It seemed the local staff home-cooked the items and neither the quality nor quantity was sufficient. However, I would certainly stay there again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Birder1CocoaBeach_FL
Dear Birder1CocoaBeach,

Thanks for staying with us before your Alaskan cruise! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the desk staff to exceed your expectations. Your feedback is much appreciated and we will use your suggestions to improve our complimentary dinner. Thanks again for sharing your experience with others on tripadvisor.