“Best amenities in Alaska!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Kenai, Alaska
“Best amenities in Alaska!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Staid in quite a few hotels in Alaska and unlike many this one did not disappoint! The customer service was excellent, the suite spacious, the breakfast delicious, and the hot tub was the fanciest I've seen yet! The price was a bit steep and they didn't have a residential rate or slope rate, which is always a plus for those of us that weather this state year round, but you certainly do get more amenities out of it then any other place we have staid yet. They have a home coming dinner available monday through thursday, which is the first I have seen and a really cool idea, but it went from 5-7 and my husbands plane doesnt usually come in until 7:15, so that was a little disappointing. It would have been nice to have the pool/hot tub available a little later than 10, and the pool was quite chilly, but overall, I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay if you like a more lavish lodging experience! It was also VERY family friendly. Will most likely stay here again sometime!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank fallenangel2442
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Great hotel, friendly staff in loby, and very accommodating. Considering another week this year...are your renovations to the rooms? Newly renovated rooms would seal the deal. With dietary issues, the kitchen staff were very helpful, making eggs without the extras for us. Very impressed with that.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Wmjson
Barbara K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is going through a full renovation of all rooms and public space. We are slated to be finished on the end on March. We hope to see you again
Alaska
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My daughter, three grandkids and I spent four nights at Homewood Suites. We had a two queen beds with a sofa bed suite. It was perfect for us, everyone had a comfortable bed and two t.v.s were great, the kids could watch what they wanted in the other room. We were on the fouth floor in the corner, very quiet. The kitchen was handy. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've had at a hotel and we were surprised there was also supper Monday through Thursday nights, that was also very good. The kids liked the pool and they have a nice big whirlpool. The only complaint I have is the carpet in the room had a couple of big spots and holes near the bathroom, the windowsills were dirty and the counter in the kitchen was not clean. All in all a great deal for the price (winter rates are reasonable).

Room Tip: Our fourth floor room on the back corner was very quiet and had a good view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank HappyGrandmaAlaska
Threerivers
Reviewed 7 October 2011

What I like is about this place is the location, It is very convenient located near the airport and easy to get to. Plus nice restaurants across the street.

A good size for 2 people, we had a kitchen with a stove and a micro wave, plus a full size refrigator, which was very nice. It's was a good place to stay on our last night in Alaska.
It's not a fancy hotel but it more than served it purpose.

What I didn't like about it was the bathroom it had a funky odor, we should have called the front desk but we were too tired to deal with it, I am sure it would have been taken care of if we had.
All in all we would stay there again because of the convenience,

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank riverwolf
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor about your stay! I am sorry that there was a funky odor, and I will look up your record and have that checked out! I am happy that you enjoyed the kitchen, and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you travel to Anchorage!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Tami Long
clark summit, pa
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We were travelling in Alaska during late August/ early September. On of our reservations fell through and I called hhonors to book a room for 2 nights with points. I wanted Hilton Garden Inn but the operator at Hilton honors persuaded me to get a king bed suite in Homewood suites. We were a party of three, the room was exceedingly small, when we opened the sofabed in the living room, our luggage had to be moved to the kitchen. Bathrroom vanity was outside, no privacy for anyone. Breakfast was bad, I heard that the evening meal was better. But when we travel we expect a reasonable breakfast, in the evening we eat out. The room was only good for one person and I wasted my points there. All in all, i wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank sara95
Hello. I am so sorry that you were not happy with your stay in our hotel. We are an all suite hotel, and sometimes, that is not what people want when they reserve their rooms. We are a Hilton hotel, but not the standard room layout. I hope that the next time you travel to the Anchorage area you will give us the opportunity to serve you again, and hopefully, to change your mind about our Homewood Suites by Hilton.

Truly yours,