“Great customer service”

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Blackfoot, Idaho, United States
“Great customer service”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I work in Alaska about three times a year and when I'm in Anchorage I always stay at The Homewood Suites. I stay at hotels a lot for my work and I haven't stayed at a better hotel. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is excellent! Jaeline is one of the guest clerks up front and she is super nice. I rent a car when I'm up there but they do have a shuttle to take you most any where.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Melanie N
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Homewood Guest,
thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay via Trip Advisor! I appreciate the great comments that you have for our hotel! I will pass on to Jaeline your comments! I agree she is a jewel! We are always happy to have you with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Happy Thanksgiving

Tami Long
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Plainview, New York
Reviewed 3 October 2011

A long overdue review. My husband and I stayed their about 1 month ago (Aug 2011). The staff was lovely and the hotel was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast in the morning was great with friendly servers. We did rent a car but we choose to use the complimentary shuttle going downtown. The shuttle was quick and the drivers were nice!
I just loved the front desk staff -- they gave us restaurant recommendations, driving directions and even slipped a birthday card under our door (we celebrated my husband's birthday and 10 year anniversary). What a great place to stay while you are in Anchorage!

Room Tip: Just be aware they have smoking rooms!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brittney S
Dear 10th Anniversary Guests!
Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor! It is our pleasure to have you stay with us! I appreciate your kind comments and hope that you will spend all of your anniversaries with us!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Long Beach, Ca
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Our family of three stayed here for spring break, April 2011. We arrived somewhere around midnight. The reception could not have been nicer. There was someone (I'm sorry that I don't remember her name) waiting to greet us at the door and had us in our room in no time. The mini suite was very modern and clean. Even though the hotel is in the middle of town, Our room looked out at a nice little undeveloped area that was a mini forest. There were Moose sleeping and walking around. Great to see wildlife without getting wet! The hotel amenities were also very good. There is an indoor pool and spa. We had a great time at Fred Meyer buying swimwear. The breakfast buffet was pretty good as was dinner. There was free beer and wine, too. Overall, I would recommend this as a great location to start the daily sightseeing tours. You'll want to have a car because this is not a walking city. It is away from downtown and surrounded by chain eateries. The good thing is it's about 5 to 10 minutes drive to downtown (if you want to go), the airport and every major highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the mini forest. The other side of the building overlooks the parking lot...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tennistrek
Thank you so much for your kind comments and for staying with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage! I am glad that you enjoyed your suite and our pool and hot tub! We love being able to treat our guests to a buffet breakfast and the evening managers reception; it gives us time to get to know our guests! Thank you for your business, and for your review!

Happy Thanksgiving!
upstate New York
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We ae HHonors members and have never had a bad experience at a Hilton chain. The Homewood Suites in Anchorage was no exception. We stayed only 1 night in Anchorage at the beginning of our 10 day Alaska vacation and it was just what we needed after a long flight. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The bed was heavenly. We arrived on a Thursday, so were able to enjoy the complimentary dinner which included a glass of wine. The manager stopped by to chat and ask if we needed anything. The desk staff directed us to the local food store and Wal Mart to pick up supplies for the week. We would without hesitation stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bikerhiker08
Barbara K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thank You so much for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you will stay with us again when you return to Anchorage!
Safe Travels!

Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Listen folks, I live out of my suitcase. I am in hotels at least half the month in many differnt states--but a lot in Anchorage. I have stayed several times at other Hilton's and non-hilton's here. Not only do they hands down mow over the others here in Anchorage, this hotel and their management has quickly become one of my favorite ever! Whether you are a family, or a total suitcase head like myself--this hotel wins. Absolutely.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mich1974_11
Thank you for taking the time to review us for Trip Advisor! We appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you the next time you visit Anchorage!