Alaskan Frontier Gardens Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Parkwood Inn(Anchorage)
View Hotel
All reviewsivory suitereindeer sausagebutterfly roomgarden terraceb bdouble vanitymuseum qualitydry saunajetted tubother guestslovely homedowntown anchoragealaskan adventurerental carritaartifactsbidet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed here twice and loved it each time. The main areas are like being in someone's personal museums. The house is beautiful, the rooms comfortable, very private and quiet. Breakfast is large, with several delicious selections each day. Rita is a fantastic hostess with great stories of Alaska and really helpful ideas on where to go/what to see. I'd return again anytime!

3  Thank octobersky1023
Reviewed 15 December 2011

house, breakfast, location, hospitality....everything was more than great
RITA IS THE BEST!!!!!
very professiona, helpfull and warm
we had a great stay and felt at home....
hope to be back
Daniel and Sandra, from Argentina

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank a340sandra
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Staying at Rita's B&B made my stay in Anchorage extra special. It was my first trip to Alaska and having someone I could talk to about the area helped me make better decisions on where to go and what to do much easier. This location is very close to two trail heads; one going to Flattop and one going to Wolverine Peak. It is also close to Hilltop ski area where I put on my first set of snow ski's and learned to cross county ski! Got to see a couple of Moose up close as well! What a blast. Rita's breakfasts are out of this world and get's you ready for the day. You'll love the jetted tub and incredibly comfortable bed at the end of your day. If you want a great experience in Alaska, stay with Rita!

Room Tip: Stayed in the GARDEN TERRACE SUITE which has a very comfortable king size bed and a large two sink bathroom with large jetted tub. It also has a daybed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rodney P
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Beautiful grounds, comfortable rooms, great breakfast! My wife and I stayed in the Fireweed Room and then enjoyed a wonderful breakfast the next morning before heading out on our Alaskan odyssey. Rita did an excellent job as host and cook. We will certainly stay there again!

1  Thank AvianQuest
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Our unforgetable Alaska/Canada (Aug/Sept 2011) Trip started here:

Arriving from Germany we relaxed in the outside HOT Tube. Wow!
We had 2 nights and 2 SUPERB Breakfasts; unbelievable!
So, we were good prepared for our long distance journey.

Top location - Quite, large room/suite with a very good bathroom. Awesome lounge and breakfast room decorated with ALASKA "things".

Many thanks for Rita´s great hospitality and especially to her son "TJ" helping me to get my new purchsed IPOD Touch running.