“Really liked it!”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Great food, comfortable atmosphere, fantastic personal service. Pipers Restaurant serves up a hearty breakfast, with lunch and dinner also available. Pipers Lounge features an outdoor patio in the summer, where you can breath in the fresh Alaskan air, take in views of Lake Hood and Mt. Susitna, watch the float planes taking off from the busiest lake in the world or watch your favorite sporting event on one of our 18 televisions dedicated to your entertainment. We're on FacebookGreat Menu Long time Alaskans enjoy our Northwest American cuisine with a flare. Try our Crab Omlet or Blueberry Pancakes for breakfast to start your day off right. Our sandwiches, salads and burgers all get great reviews for lunch. At dinner, don't be shy - try any of our steaks, seafood and entrees for a perfect evening out. Great Atmosphere Enjoy the sun on our outdoor patio in the summer or join us inside for a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere. The games are always on in the Sports Lounge - you'll never miss a single play. Don't miss Every day of the week we offer half-price appetizers from 5pm to 7pm. If your tastes are adventurous try our Honey Chipotle Wings with a wide variety of Draft or Bottled beer. Looking for something different? Try the Hummus Duo or the best Calamari in town with a glass of wine. We have a full service bar, our specialty drinks have fans all their own. Bring in your friends, or get a group together from the office. We have room and enjoy serving groups.
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Very close to the airport - it was like a 6 minute drive to drop off our son at the Terminal. Food here is pretty good - has a home cooked feel.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 11 August 2018

I just flew into Alaska yesterday. My sister 7 I went to Piper's that night, because we really enjoy going there when I come up there on vacation. The food was great as always, but our service was not. We ordered 2 appetizers & shared them. Our server kind of gave us a look that made us feel like we were cheap, because we only ordered 2 half price appetizers. I also ordered a Crown & diet coke. They had Crown Royal advertising in the restaurant, so I thought she knew what I ordered. She brought a Corona & diet coke. I told her that I ordered a Crown & diet coke & she shot me a look & left. She brought back my drink. Put it on the table & walked away. A busser brought out our food & we didn't see the server till she brought the check. She put it on the table & left without saying a word. I saw that she billed me for the Corona & diet Coke even though I didn't order it or drink it. I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 20 years & have never heard of a server charging a guest for her mistake. She was no where to be seen. I paid the bill with the mistake on it & left. I don't think we'll be back there when I come to visit again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

A real surprise for those staying at the Coastal International Inn. A great restaurant, but inside a hotel.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Just outside the Anchorage Airport (Ted Stevens, International). Very engaging setting...as it’s alongside the airport lake where private planes (“Pipers”) take off and land on pontoons - very Alaska cool! The food was good (I’d recommend locally caught sea food) and reasonably priced; and GREAT mixed drinks!! What’s not to like? And for the record within reasonable walking distance from several of the airport hotels.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

the server messed up two aspects if my order right off the bat, potatoes were like McDonalds fried cubes, coffee was something weak, and I would bet the eggs were powdered. Fine if you’re used to MREs, but only worth it if you are in this area and cant walk a few blocks.