“Popular spot”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2018

This is a place to go and have a relaxing, comfortable not too expensive and tasty dinner. Somewhat upscale from Applebees. Lots of pizzas, salads and sandwiches, but also contemporary interesting entrees. The ambiance is comfortable and open and the guests include singles to families. Full bar, lots of bottled beer, local beers on tap. Popular, so come early.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

A quick perusal of reviews on another site had us a bit in doubt, but it was a rainy night and this restaurant was close to our hostel so off we went. We were glad we chose it! It is not a Thai place, simply offers one dish with Thai influences. Overall, it presents classic dishes with interesting, modern twists. Good options for vegetarians and vegans, as well as those hankering for a hunk of meat. My vegetable plate was amazing, the Mac and Cheese delicious. Our waitperson was extremely friendly and competent.

Part of the same restaurant group that operates the Snow City Cafe.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

I'm not sure how I've lived in Anchorage for nearly 7 years, and have just gotten on board with Spenard Roadhouse! We ordered out from work a few weeks ago, and I'm hooked. The muffaletta pizza is my favorite (so far), but it's hard to go wrong with the reindeer and chevre too. Their brunch is great - must try the donut holes!

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I don't do red meat much, but tried the bacon burger and was pleasantly surprised. A perfectly cooked burger paired with sweet potato tots. They went together great and made for a great dinner with friends. There is bar service but I didn't indulge due to time constraints for making my flight.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Aside from good service, nothing really stood out. At our table, we had their muffuletta pizza, bacon jam burger, cubano sandwich, loaded tots & bacon cheese curds. The curds didn’t have a lot of flavor beyond “fried.” Even the bacon aioli wasn’t flavorful. The loaded tots were good, but what isn’t when you smother it in sour cream, bacon and cheddar?

The pizza dough was overly chewy with minimal toppings. The burger went half-eaten. The cubano was good, but again, not really remarkable.

I’d heard good things about this restaurant, and I was left with mostly a “meh” feeling for the food with a pretty hefty bill.