“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Earth B&B

Earth B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Earth B&B
Ranked #61 of 128 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Cayucos, CA
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

I just don't get all the great reviews. We stayed one night and got about three hours of sleep due to the noise. The Blackburn room and the Denali room are right next to each other and you can hear everything said in the adjoining room and the living room. The shared bathroom is much like the restrooms in many campgrounds. It is a half bath attached to the laundry room. The door was right behind the head of our bed. Every time it opened, you could hear it. The walls are paper thin. You can also hear every step in the rooms above. They do not have a quiet time. I was shocked when I learned that the next morning. I called Rhonda at 11:30 and told her of the noise. I told her in the morning that we went to bed at 10:15 after a long day and got to sleep about one and then awakened at four AM. We were staying one night after 2 weeks of fishing and hiking. We have stayed in a lot of B&Bs in Italy, Ireland, Canada and USA and have never had a worse experience. We don't expect to be pampered but we do expect to be able to sleep at least 6 hours. This is more like a European youth hostel than a B&B. I am still shocked that they do not have a quiet time. The only plus was I did get to store my 50 lbs of halibut in their freezer and Rhonda did seem nice. We have provided numerous reviews on Tripadvisor and never given a lower rating than a 3. When we arrived in Anchorage we stayed at the Susitna House one night and it was quiet and the rooms were immaculate. It is a little more expensive but believe me, it was worth it. The Earth B&B caters to Europeans (about 85 percent per Rhonda). I do not need luxury but I expect a lot more than what was provided here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Cayucy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

The Earth is an incredible B&B; warm, cozy, with great outdoor space. There seem to always be interesting people passing through who are happy to share stories from their adventures. Lori and Rhonda are so accomodating and welcoming. It truly feels like home!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Enjoyed two nights here. Very friendly and helpful with interesting lounge with lots of books, info on Alaska. 20min walk into city centre but flat and safe.

Comfortable spacious room with small shared bathroom.

Reasonably clean and tidy but everywhere seemed a bit dark with little lighting. No problem though.

Good breakfasts.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Ouray
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

This was my first stay at Earth B&B. My flight didn't get in until midnight and I had been travelling all day so it was very nice to find a key and instructions waiting so I could get straight to my room and catch a bit of sleep. I was up earlier than all the fisherman and others staying at the B&B but found a wonderful array of fresh fruit, pastries, meats, cheeses and beverages awaiting me. When I needed help getting a ride from Anchorage to Palmer about an hour North (no easy task in a town without much transporation infrastructure - especially on a Sunday) the host was nice in assisting me with contacts for a potential ride. The location is perfect. It's in a quiet neighborhood so you are away from city noise, but just a few blocks stroll to downtown where there are many restaurants and shops. Also close to the coastal trail which is great for walking, running and even skiing/snow shoeing in winter.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

It took me two tries over to summit Denali but whatever burden I suffered was mitigated by the tremendous hospitality and comfort provided by Lori at the Earth B&B over the past two years. It's a climbers haven as everyone from casual walkers to rugged mountainmen and women glide through on the way up or down with tales of triumph and challenges. I prefer the large downstairs bedrooms which offer some reprieve at night from the bright Alaskan midsummer sun, unless the nice en suite upstairs is available. The 4 shared bedrooms share 2 bathrooms so there can be a queue if the B&B is full which it was about half the time. The location is superb, a short walk or crawl from lively downtown Anchorage, and a simple drive from the airport. There's a high end grocery a block away, too. If Lori can't help you, she has some nearby contacts who can.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo