“Great location, great staff, great rooms”

The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #25 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
New York City, New York
“Great location, great staff, great rooms”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is a gem in Seattle. It has the feel of a tiny, boutique hotel, with attentive staff, clean, well decorated rooms, and a prime location. My husband and I stayed here for three nights and would definitely come back next time we're in town. One tip - try to get a room on floor three or higher - the second floor rooms are close to street level and a bit loud.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Korean first
Olympia, Washington, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I took my wife here for our anniversary. From the moment we entered the hotel I was disappointed. It was very dark everywhere and just seemed plain, old and outdated. The room was small with a poor layout. For the price they charge you can get so much more. It isn't in a good location and does not compare to other four star hotels in the area. If your looking for a luxurious place to stay and true four star experience this is not the place to go. The couch in the room had stains on it and everything about the room was extremely old. The decor is less than inviting, You couldn't pay me to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.....EVER!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kris H
, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to learn of your concerns regarding the hotel and it's design. We do have many different types of accommodations available that you may find more suitable to your needs on a future visit. We strive to ensure each of our guests receives the accommodations and service we are known for but clearly we did not meet your expectations. I do hope you will allow us another chance to have you as our guest again in the future.

Jeff Gouge
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I've just returned from a nice 2 night stay at this hotel. First of all, being a local here I'd never even heard of this place let alone thought of staying here. But, I must tell you at the end of my journey and as I walked through the doors for departure, I was very happy I did. While it's not considered to be city centre as it's on the southern end of downtown more towards the pioneer square and international district areas, it's by no means far away to sites of interest for folks that visit our wonderful city or for that matter live here like myself and wanted an oasis to hang one's hat on for a bit. You can easily get to the core of downtown, waterfront, seattle center, space needle, pike place market via a nice stroll or bus as it does have a busline right in front, they start off check-in with a warm chocolate chip cookie ( which for a cookie monster at heart like myself I was doing backflips over this) The decor is incredible and old school, I loved the old pictures on the wall, the fireplace bar, there is an onsite place to eat which I'm sure services the room service called Juno. Impeccably clean, ( a huge plus for me) somewhat quiet as well. Go ahead, I challenge you to check this place out and not be charmed. Nice staff.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Iowa
Reviewed 24 June 2012

stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon before heading to vancouver island. when the staff found out about this, they sent up some chocolate covered strawberries which were absolutely delicious!!
the hotel is "old world" decor style--classy and clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 23 June 2012

It's not a bad hotel, but it's quite old and need a refurbishment. The lobby and bar have and old charm like a 20's film, but room and restaurant should be updated for this hotel level.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple