“Great experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bed and Breakfast Inn Seattle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Bed and Breakfast Inn Seattle
Ranked #17 of 29 Seattle B&B and Inns
Bangalore
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

Lovely place, affordable stay with all conveniences

• Liked — Serenity
  • Disliked — Not really anything that affected me
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

I lived in the Capitol Hill Guest House for a month while I was transitioning from moving out here from the east coast. It was just lovely; always so clean and plenty of privacy......and who can complain about breakfast being laid out for you every morning? It was so neat to meet the other people that came and went- everyone has a really great story and the house gives just enough opportunity to hear other people's stories while still feeling very private and quiet. The house is in a great location too, just blocks from 15th and Broadway, but just removed enough to make you feel like you are outside the city. This was a great introduction to the city for me and I would recommend it to all.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

Overall, a disappointing stay in a pretty ordinary home. I was not given the room I had booked and was not given an explanation, apology or price adjustment. I was expected to stumble my way though the kitchen to find items for breakfast preparation. You were expected to know the routine, but if you were not a longterm boarder then you were out of luck. A very uncomfortable place to stay - not welcoming and warm, not particularly pretty, and surprisingly expensive for a tiny room with a bath shared by many. Next time I would stay around the corner at the Foxglove Bed and Breakfast. My father stayed there and paid less and received more charm, comfort, and service.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank familyvisitor09
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2008

I loved staying at this B&B! I stayed in a single room upstairs for two nights and one in downstairs for another night, both of which were small but immaculately clean and very nicely furnished. They also gave me a great bathrobe to use during the stay!!There are many bathrooms in the house which are all very clean so you don't mind even if the bathroom is shared. I actually loved their breakfast ! I think their breakfast is one of the best I can find in any B&B. I loved the freedom they gave as to what to have for breakfast from a huge list of choices they made available for the guests! I wish I could stay there longer!! Seattle is a great city, and I would definitely go back to this B&B!!!

• Liked — cleanliness and freedom
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
Sitka, AK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

This B & B has a lot going for it. First of all, there are two wonderful inn keepers - Michael and Kate - that make you feel comfortable right away. The inn is comfortable, super clean in an awesome neighborhood, near some great little restaurants and Volunteer Park.

I've read the other reviews and I can see why some would think the location isn't great for tourists... it isn't in downtown Seattle. It's up a hill above Seattle. It's not far, but it's not downtown. If you have a car it isn't a problem, downtown is just a mile or two away. If you are going to the group health medical center nearby this place would be perfect. This is a great place for people who are travelling by themselves.

I was travelling for work. The inn had everything I wanted, a quick breakfast (make yourself, but lots of choices), free internet, free use of the huge kitchen, watch TV with everyone - or not, nice clean bathrooms with great water pressure. There was an iron and ironing board in my room (had to have for work), a great front porch and just a quick jog to the beautiful Volunteer Park.

I stayed in the top room (the window you see at the top of the picture on their website is the most comfortable window seat!!!)

I ate at the Coastal Kitchen - the food was wonderful. I also had cocktails at the 22 Doors... they have a very long list of specialty cocktails and a funky, but nice, courtyard to sit in.

Enjoy!

• Liked — My room and the great kitchen
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business