“Fantastic variety of delicious options”
Review of Araya's Place

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: University District
Description: Family Owned Vegan Thai Restaurant in Seattle and Eastside - started off in 1987 serving both Lunch and Dinner every day from 11:30am - 3pm and 4:30pm - 9pm. Food restrictions, or allergies are welcome!
Reviewed 28 May 2021

I've been here several times over the past few years and have always had a good experience, both with the food and with the staff. The tofu cream cheese rolls are amazing, being a good balance of crispy and tender, and both their pad thai and their veggie soup are sublime. Their black sticky rice is super good, too. It's not the fanciest restaurant, but sometimes the best food is in the most unassuming of places.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank dustythoughts
Write a reviewReviews (92)

Reviewed 18 January 2021

Great variety of vegan and veggie Thai dishes offered including soups like Tom Kha, Pad Thai, Curries and Fried rice with vegetables, fake meat / chicken, tofu, quickly prepared.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank RoMistry
Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

I've been here twice. I won't come back again. This restaurant is a HEALTH HAZARD to the general public. One of the employees came over and started taking to me in my face, five inches away from my face. I could smell his breath, he was that close. None of the hostesses talk to you, or even look at you. They didn't reply to my "hello" and "thank you" and "good bye" either time. They don't treat you like a human being here.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank N652LSbobbym
Reviewed 23 October 2019

I've been coming to this location and the restaurant's others on and off for years and have always had great experiences until my most recent visit. I got my favorite dish on their menu--Drunken Mushrooms--and most mushrooms were noticeably chewy. However, the wide noodles and spices were impeccable.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Ann T
Reviewed 12 October 2019

The owners and servers were really rude to us. We’ve been there 3 times and always found they failed to explain dishes properly, had no flexibility, and were not understanding. The food, nonetheless, has been amazing every time. 0 stars for the owners and workers, 4.5 for the food.

Date of visit: August 2019