“An Easter Weekend Stay at the Fairmont Olympic, Seattle”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #14 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
“An Easter Weekend Stay at the Fairmont Olympic, Seattle”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The Fairmont Olympic in Seattle is one of the best places to stay. Why ? Beautiful and spacious rooms, large bathrooms, excellent concierge services, excellent people at the front desk, excellent health club, wonderful lounge, close to my favourite restaurants, close to the 5th Avenue Theatre, close to my stores ie Macy's, Nordstroms etc.....

It's a very magical place !

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a upper floor room. It's worth it !
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank lbauer13
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
TEXAS
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was very impressed with the opulence of the hotel. Everything was first rate and the personal service and hospitality were exceptional. I stayed there for 8 nights the food in the hotel is exquisite, I quickly became addicted to the Rooftop Lemon drops served at the Terrace. The laundry service was divine, our clothes came back quickly and underpinnings came back practically gift wrapped. The consierge booked all my tours and tickets for me, the hotel car took me where I wanted to go . This hotel is absolute grace and elegance. I will forever be spoiled. I was also very impressed with the Bee hives they have on the roof and their roof top honey. I really love how they have worked sustainability in to day to day operations.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Washington
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairmont a few years ago, when it was one of the conference hotels for a meeting I was attending. It reminded me of the Four Seasons in Montreal, with the chandeliers in the hotel and marble in the bathrooms, but of course the views and building were actually quite different, and its worth checking out the second floor ballrooms and sitting areas. The fabulous view of the Puget Sound from the street in front of the main entrance is something you will always remember if you stay here.

The hotel is well-situated to tons of places to eat, drink coffee (of course), Pikes Place market, the downtown library, art museum, and nice shopping (Nordstrom AND Nordstrom Rack). Live and movie theaters are also close by as is the convention center.

The devil is in the details, and no less here. I was regularly blown away by the quality of the room service meals, like the yoghurt parfaits for breakfast. The gym was also very nice, with plenty of free weights, weight machines, pool, cucumber water, etc. Not to leave any detail to chance, the Fairmont even has running maps. I had some of the nicest runs I have ever had while on the road, on the trail running up the Puget Sound. It was amazing running 8-9 miles along the water, through a sculpture park and coming back to the Fairmont. Learning about this amenity (the maps) made for a joyful occasion, to think that someone had considered us runners.

Come for getting pampered and the majestic views.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank redlybarian
London
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I met my husband in the Fairmont Calgary, and subsequently fell in love in the Fairmont Lake Louise, so have nothing but good will towards this venerable American hotel chain. The Olympic in Seattle is another classic Fairmont - grand but comfortable, in a great location, with impeccable service. It has a particularly nice spa and pool. However, the hotel badly needs updating so that classic doesn't become merely old fashioned. One major bugbear. The hotel still treats the internet as if it is an optional extra - charging $15 daily charge for a truly flakey service with dismal speeds. Wi-fi is now as essential as towels or a comfortable bed. A hotel that trys to charge me extra for wi-fi has me grumbling from the get go, especially when I am paying a great deal of money for my room. Good wi-fi is critical, without it I can't function in business.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank sibeliusLondon
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Spent 3 nights here on a "ladies get away" with 2 old friends. Room was located on 3rd floor on an inner courtyard so wasn't the greatest in respect of views etc ( we were on a reduced rate as friends/family of hotel employee so suspect they don't use prime rooms for this rate ;) ) There were 2 double beds as opposed to queen size but the hotel gladly supplied a "roll away" that was actually a full size single bed on a platform so was very comfortable. The room was extremely large and we had no problem putting in the 3rd bed and still having lots of room to sit etc.
Bath area was also very large with a dressing room area with one sink but enough counterspace for 3 women to stash their makeup bags etc. Toilet and bath/shower were in a separate room off the sink/dressing area. Large closet, ample hangers, 3 robes,one umbrella, safe, bar fridge, coffee maker and extra coffee supplied when we asked.
What really made this hotel oustanding was the service from all the staff. We arrived at about 9:30 in the evening, and after check in requested the "3rd bed". It was delivered immediately along with extra coffee and additional towels. Decided to have a late snack at the Terrace bar....very welcoming and obliging waitstaff here as well. Good wine list by the glass and nice snack menu.
On our second evening we asked for a cab to head to a restaurant and were instead esconced in the hotel car. Discovered they have a couple of these which are available on a first call basis. On our arrival at the restaurant the driver gave us a card with the number to call for our return pickup. The restaurant staff made this call and after a short wait we were picked up and returned to the hotel. We used the service 4 times over the course of our 3 night stay. Each time the drivers were courteous, careful and just plain nice! Hotel doormen were also unfailingly cheerful and helpful.
Concierge staff made dinner reservations, cancelled other reservations, bought museum tickets and offered some great suggestions for areas to see/things to do.
This is a "grand old hotel" with a very large public space/lobby. There was a convention on while we were there but we never felt crowded or ignored even though the hotel was quite full.
The location was central to our activities ( Seattle Public Library, SAM, shopping, Food Tour) and I would definitely stay again.
The only complaint I would have here is they charge for wifi in the room. This is free if you're a "President's Club" member, which I am, so we did have free wifi but had to log in every 24 hours. It seemed odd to charge for wifi when once out in Seattle you're surrounded by free hotspots at every coffee shop/public space!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view to either University Ave or 4th Street if a view is important to you.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends