“Not cheap but very nice, touch of service class”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #17 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal
“Not cheap but very nice, touch of service class”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here for a week on business. Nice hotel, nice rooms right in the heart of downtown and super frinedly staff from doormen, to front desk to waiter/waiteresses.

Here is a little story to sum up the experience. On night 3, without any other real interaction with the concierge, we ask him to make a dinner reservation for 8 at the Metropolitan, a famous Seattle steakhouse. He makes the call for us and we head out for a drink and then to the restaurant. After we are seated and looking over the menu, the waiter brings 4 plates of 'American' Kobe beef carpaccio, compliments of the concierge at the Fairmont.

Considering we had never been in the hotel before and only had three rooms booked there at a normal rate, I was extremely impressed by the gesture.

Also had a good (expensive) breakfast at the hotel and a very good seasfood restaurant (Shuckers) affiliated with the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank JDParker1369
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This hotel was booked for a business banquette. Upon arrival, valet and check in staff were GREAT!! Very friendly and knowledgable. However, they upgraded our rooms to a king when I really wanted 2 doubles (2 girls need space to get ready) They couldn't even give us my confirmed room :( Bathroom has no fan. Very very hot and stuffy room. When it came to our dinner party I gave our server my allergy ticket and talked to multiple people to make sure they were aware. I had to ask every course if I could eat it. Every plate was sent back. But the worst part was that my Entree, upon sending my plate back to the waiter, had to wait 3 hours to get my new Entree. But it was my old filet of beef! I was humiliated!! They gave me back my old plate that was now cold. I had then asked for a plate of fruit which I saw someone else got. It arrived 45 minutes later when the coffee was being removed from our table. Went back to our turned down room and the tv didn't work. Had to call the front desk and the tech arrived 40 minutes later and fixed it. The valet was speedy and check out service was excellent. I wrote an email to the manager and have not heard a response. Will NEVER go to this hotel again!! $13 breakfast not included with stay...

• Stayed March 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We had the great pleasure of staying at this property last weekend. It is a beautiful heritage hotel in a great location downtown. We were upgraded to a suite (because I am a frequent guest at Fairmont properties). It was absolutely lovely and perfect for two couples. The staff were charming and incredibly helpful. Not at all fussy - just kind and welcoming. They gave us great info on things to do (including the Seattle Art Museum which has a great show on at the moment) . Great recommendations on meals as well. There were a couple of errors on the bill which they apologized for profusely and fixed immediately. I would HIGHLY recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Durodeb
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights before flying out of SeaTac on vacation. We ended up with a corner room with classy decorations and a ton of space (i would estimate 400sq ft. in these rooms although they are not technically an upgrade). The check-in process was smooth and efficient. As well, they were later quite helpful in getting my boarding passes printed. The lobby is very spacious and classy and had wonderful piano music playing both nights in the open lounge. I used the fitness facility one day and found it to be fairly well equipped and the hot tub and pool quiet and relaxing. We would defiantly pick this location again as it is very close to Pike place market (10 min. walk) and Pacific Centre shopping (10 min.) as well as many great restaurants (we ate at Elliotts Oyster 4 blocks away and Purple Wine Bar across the street).

Room Tip: As for a corner room without the upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andyfromcanada
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Just came back from a great stay at the Fairmont in Seattle. We got a deal through hotels.com and it was great value for the money.
We got upgraded to a suite and they provided us with a cot and toiletries for our baby. We had a fabulous room service dinner - the lamb rack 3 course meal was very good. The service is superb - all the staff were very friendly, helpful and curteous. The hotel is very close to all the shops and is very central. They have an indoor pool which my husband used with the baby while I was out shopping. We got milk and cookies in our car when we picked it up which was a nice surprise for the journey home.
Overall this was a 5 star stay for a 3 star price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family