New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Chicago, IL
“Solid choice to be near Capitol Hill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

I debated staying more downtown instead of at Silver Cloud - Broadway, but I'm glad that in the end I chose to stay here. Being so near great nightlife, restaurants and shopping was a big plus. It was a bit of a jaunt to get to downtown or the waterfront from the hotel, but it was doable (and a nice stroll, actually). They have a shuttle bus that goes to the center but I didn't take advantage of that.

My room was extremely spacious - and it was a corner room so there were lots of windows and light. The bed was comfortable. Plenty of room to move around, sit at the large desk, watch TV from the big comfy chair. Having a fridge and a microwave was great for a person traveling solo (and there was a big, nice grocery store a couple blocks down Broadway).

The bathroom: the shower was nice, there was plenty of room on the bathroom counter for stuff, and I really liked the Aveda bar soap and shampoo.

I noticed upon leaving that there was a washer/dryer for guest use on my floor - I wish I had known about that sooner!

The convenient (and free) business center just off the lobby was good for keeping up with work e-mails, looking at google maps, finding a restaurant or address.

Staff was fine - nothing negative but nothing exceptional either.

My only complaints were that the hotel's decor was a bit bland/sterile for my tastes. And, upon check-in they hold some percentage of the total on your card if you're using a debit card instead of a credit card - I don't understand why, it doesn't make sense to me, but I don't like it when places do that. Plus, I had a less-than-stellar experience with carry-out from the restaurant (Jimmy's on Broadway). It was outrageously expensive. My entree was decent but the clam chowder was not.

I highly recommend Pike Street Fish Fry around the corner on Pike near 10th - the best fish and chips I've had in a while.

All in all, I had a super time in Seattle and want to go back soon. Although the hotel was not perfect, I'll most likely stay at Silver Cloud - Broadway again next time because I liked the proximity to the Capitol Hill action, having such a spacious room, and the perk of having a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank keithb789
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
Riverhead, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed at the Silver Cloud Broadway for two nights post cruise. The staff was excellent, pleasant and extremely friendly. The room was as good if not better than a four star hotel. We had four of us in the room and asked at check in if we could have some extra towels. Samantha, who checked us in said she would call housekeeping with our request. When we arrived at our room on the 4th floor, housekeeping was standing at the door with a handful of additional towels. Got a chance also to use the pool, and hot tub, another excellent feature. Everything you need is in relative walking distance including some local establishments with great "happy hours", A Drug store/mini supermarket is within a block. We used the hotel shuttle, another excellent touch, to go to West Lake area and then hopped the monorail to Seattle Center. When we were done exploring the area, we called the hotel and the shuttle picked us up within 10 minutes at West Lake. Ate at Jimmy's, the restaurant attached to hotel. The prices were reasonable for a city establishment and the food was good. The service was excellent with a great wait staff who gave us a comprehensive orientation of the area, Another nice touch was the wait staff remembering us and welcoming us like old friends. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank reli452
New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

After reaching in Seattle - we had a nice cab guy who got us to the hotel. We were awe-struck with the ambience of the hotel rooms and the way they have been maintained. The rooms were so clean - I never wanted to spoil them. The staff were so helpful and polite - that you can forget the bumpy landing of Alaskan Airlines. There are some hotels which can't be defined by words alone - you need to stay there to believe it - here's one the Silver Cloud Hotel, Broadway.

Please take full advantage by taking the courtesy shuttle to West lake center - you can't resist yourself in draining out your pockets in that location.

Room Tip: We stayed at the 3rd Floor and it was excellent stay - I guess all the floors should be as good as t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a fantastic hotel. The staff is absolutly wonderful. They helped my daughter and I with walking recommendations and mapped it out for us. The room was accomidating and very nice. The beds were comfortable. The room overlooked the University and the view was stunning. The microwave, fridge and free laundry were nice perks. The toiletries in the room were top notch as they were Aveda products. We ate at Jimmy's, the resteraunt attached to the hotel, 2 times. It was very good and competitvely priced. The area is central to many resteraunts and a grocery store. It's also an easy walk to Pikes Market. I definatly would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank KAK828
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Excellent room size, super clean, extra friendly staff (Lindsie @ front desk was super helpful & friendly). We couldn't have been happier with our choice of hotels. Free shuttle to downtown location (a bit of a walk otherwise, but certainly do-able) and the driver gave a quick informational talk as we drove. Quiet, so sleeping in after a full day is easy with a restaurant right next door. Great indoor pool & jacuzzi complete with workout room. Highly recommend this hotel. :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the higher floor away from elevator so was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family