All reviews across the street two bedroom suite lake view large atrium streetcar stop space needle duke's chowder house full size fridge living area yogurt free breakfast small kitchen front desk staff parking fee the breakfast area pull out couch great property
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is nice, with a large open lobby. Room was well large and clean. Seemed to me insulated from skins quite well. Breakfast is included and there are a lot of options. I'll definitely stay here again if the price is right.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Blane W, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Thanks for your review and we are glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast. We are adding even more breakfast options soon so come and see us again! Cheers!

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Stayed here for a week while on business in Seattle. Staff was friendly, rooms were comfortable, and there is a barber, great restaurants and access to public transit within a short walk from the hotel. The hotel was generally very busy, and parking was kind of a nightmare (we had a truck and trailer) but we managed to find spots in the evening. I would stay here again if I'm back in Seattle.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank LouisvilleDiddy

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Seattle!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We have stayed at this hotel 4 other times and had a great experience. This time was TERRIBLE! Checked in to find vomit in the bathtub and A/C that didn't work. No sleep that night. A/C repairman never followed through. Moved to another room the next day... Mediocre A/C. Horrible customer service. I'm not sure what has happened to this hotel but we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Blane W, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Hello,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. I am very sorry to read about your negative experience at the hotel and would like to speak with you directly about it. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel.
Kind regards,
Blane Webber

Reviewed 11 May 2016

I'm being generous. My husband and I planned a quick trip to Seattle. Cashed in points to stay here. I cannot get over all these great reviews as this was our worst stay at any Marriott property in a long time.

Positives: location, friendly staff, nice lobby, and the water feature in lobby.

Negatives: Suite appeared dated, and the mattress, bedding and pillows need an upgrade. Had to request firm pillows after sleeping here last Friday night. Our pillows were super flat. Kitchen felt sparse with dishes and such.

Ate at the breakfast bar on our first morning, chose to eat elsewhere the rest of the trip. To say that folks trashed the place was putting it mildly and we simply didn't want to eat here, again. Multiple levels with tables to eat at and every table was filthy. Didn't appear to have enough staff to keep up with the crowds.

Our suite was clean when we checked in. But, we got minimal maid service while here. Trash removal, bed made and supplies restocked. Vaccum wasn't ran once during our stay.

Location was good, near streetcar and across from Lake Union. We rode the streetcar most of the trip and walked everywhere.

Loud place to stay as the suites open up to the lobby/breakfast bar. You have breakfast noise, streetcar and people just roaming the halls. Lots of families with young children, pet friendly.

We stayed in room 404, had a small balcony.

I would not stay here again as we are used to much less noise and better accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Blane W, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your valued feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay didn't turn out like you or I would have hoped. The issues you described are not typical of our hotel or our staff and I can assure you we will be following up with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure these were isolated problems. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional feedback. I hope that you and your husband can give our staff another try during your next visit to Seattle!

Reviewed 3 May 2016

This was our second stay in the south lake union area but first at this hotel. This hotel was perfect for us, the location is perfect for riding the street car to downtown yet not as busy as downtown. The lake views are beautiful also the views of the space needle at night. The lobby is huge and gorgeous with a large water feature. The rooms are very large with a small kitchenette which was perfect for storing dinner leftovers to reheat later in the microwave, has a full 12 cup coffee pot. The breakfast that is included in the morning was really good with scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage and waffles. A full spread indeed. very easy to navigate Seattle from this location with many restaurant options very close. The rooms are like small apartments and include every little detail, King bed, full set of dishes, dishwasher, full size fridge, microwave and even pots and pans should you choose to cook something. Very nice hotel and we will from now on stay here on our future trips to the Seattle area.

Room Tip: All the harbor view rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Blane W, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am delighted that you found us and enjoyed you second visit to the vibrant South Lake Union neighborhood. Let me know if I can be of any assistance for your return trips to Seattle!