“Please don't stay here!!!”

Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown
Ranked #70 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Fresno, California
“Please don't stay here!!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed here one night on March 31st 12' and checked out on April 1st 12'. At first glance it seems like a nice Hotel with a nice Lobby. We stayed here with it being so close to the Space Needle. Any how it all started with the check in. We went in to check in at 3pm and they were not ready to give us keys for another hour. Then when they gave us keys they DID NOT work. They said we will be right up with new keys, about 45 minutes later after we called them again, they brought some up and those keys didn't work either. Then about 10 minutes later they finally got us a set of keys that worked. The customer service was AWFUL. To make matters worse when we checked out the next day I accidentally left some souvenirs I had bought for my Husband and Daughter in one of the dresser drawers. I called that same night and talked with the lady at the front desk who assured me that no one had checked into the room we stayed in. So, one would think that they items were either still in the drawer or like the lady at the front desk said, they might be in the lost and found. She instructed me to call in the morning to talk with the head of Housekeeping, Mario. I called and left messages and had to call several times to track him down. When I finally got through, he said he must be having problems with his phone because he didn't get any of my messages. So, he says to me I will call you right back after I check the lost and found and check with my housekeepers. Never got a call back. I called again the following morning, he said he checked everything and didn't see it anywhere. I had to speak with the Customer Service Manager who was no help and miscommunication everything, at least he apologized and said he takes full responsibility for it. Then I spoke with the General Manager Brandy, who said she would go to the Space Needle and buy the items that were taken and I could pick them up there. I preferred to get them myself because I was afraid she wouldn't get exactly what I had bought. Sure enough, when I went to pick up the items, it was the wrong coffee beans and the wrong cup.....I wanted to cry! She had a nice gesture in buying an extra pound of coffee beans for all the hassle, but the whole point of this whole situation is the principle of it. I know that the housekeeper had to have either taken or thrown away my things. When I I was explaining to Brandy that she needs to keep a better eye on the housekeepers, she didn't want to hear what I had to say and wanted to just fix the problem by getting my items. They weren't even they right items. I will NEVER stay here again. After everything this is BY FAR THE WORST HOLIDAY INN I HAVE EVER STAYED AT!!! That is saying at lot because I love staying at Holiday Inns. ;( :( ;(

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank shareesmiles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear shareesmiles,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am sincerely sorry the items you left in the room could not be located. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and it sounds like the hotel did all they could to help you. Even going to purchase new items for you. I am sorry it did not work out to your liking.
Your comments are important to us and will be shared with the staff.

Katie J
IHGCare
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I've stayed in the hotel four times now and it is in a good location and I believe it's a good value. The rooms are large, clean, and nicely furnished.

The staff is efficient, and pleasant enough. The parking is underground and secure, but if you have something larger than a compact car, getting into the parking spots may be a bit tricky.

My major complaint is the noise from the floors above. The first time we stayed in the hotel, they gave us a top floor room, which was fine. The next three times we were on a middle floor. I can't believe that we got "foot stompers" above us each time, so it must be in the construction It is very noisy and was loud enough to wake me up, even with using ear plugs. This last time the person above us decided to go "walk about" at 3 am.

The restaurant is just okay as mentioned in other reviews, but the staff was nice and I did have a very good plate of biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

Overall the hotel is fine, but I'm afraid that I'll be looking for other lodgings for my next stay simply due to the noisy floors.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor...I did this last time, but didn't get it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank acdfpic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear acdfpic,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what feel below your expectations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into. I am sorry for the problems you encountered with the noise. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Katie J
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Good location on the north edge of downtown. Underground parking for $10 per night (cheap in Seattle). Next door is a restaurant where that they use for their breakfast and room service. Food is not bad, but breakfast menu is prices and limited.

Nice rooms (recently upgraded), near downtown, Belltown, close to I-5, enter 99 North right behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice and a bit larger.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our location.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to do this review and for staying with us.

We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Best Regards,
Brandi Rutherford
Edmonton
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Okay, first off booking this hotel was a challenge and I finally had to call the hotel directly to change my information and they still messed it up so when I got there I spent 30 minutes trying to find out why they didn't have a room booked for me and it turned out to be their mess up. Next, you have to pay for parking and the stalls are all for compact cars only so thank God not too many people needed parking. The hotel corriders are dark, gloomy and maze like. Was not easy to find your way around. The rooms were okay, nicely decorated but the beds were lumpy and not comfortable. Not at all what I was expecting for a low season rate of $130.00 per night plus $10.00 per night for parking. The Marriotte was a comparable price for a much better hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear zedmonton,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service.

Regards,
Brenda J.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed here at least 4 different times. Parking in Seattle is EXPENSIVE and for $10 a night that makes this hotel a must for me!

Room Tip: North corner rooms have a nice view of North Seattle.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle.

We are happy to hear that you feel that you received value regarding the parking fee to park in our parking garage.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to compele a review and for staying at the Holiday Inn Seatle. We appreciate your business.

Best Regards,