“Decent for the price, but with one big issue”

Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown
Ranked #67 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Port Angeles, Washington
“Decent for the price, but with one big issue”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I've stayed in the hotel four times now and it is in a good location and I believe it's a good value. The rooms are large, clean, and nicely furnished.

The staff is efficient, and pleasant enough. The parking is underground and secure, but if you have something larger than a compact car, getting into the parking spots may be a bit tricky.

My major complaint is the noise from the floors above. The first time we stayed in the hotel, they gave us a top floor room, which was fine. The next three times we were on a middle floor. I can't believe that we got "foot stompers" above us each time, so it must be in the construction It is very noisy and was loud enough to wake me up, even with using ear plugs. This last time the person above us decided to go "walk about" at 3 am.

The restaurant is just okay as mentioned in other reviews, but the staff was nice and I did have a very good plate of biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

Overall the hotel is fine, but I'm afraid that I'll be looking for other lodgings for my next stay simply due to the noisy floors.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor...I did this last time, but didn't get it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank acdfpic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear acdfpic,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what feel below your expectations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into. I am sorry for the problems you encountered with the noise. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Katie J
IHGCare
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Good location on the north edge of downtown. Underground parking for $10 per night (cheap in Seattle). Next door is a restaurant where that they use for their breakfast and room service. Food is not bad, but breakfast menu is prices and limited.

Nice rooms (recently upgraded), near downtown, Belltown, close to I-5, enter 99 North right behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice and a bit larger.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our location.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to do this review and for staying with us.

We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Edmonton
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Okay, first off booking this hotel was a challenge and I finally had to call the hotel directly to change my information and they still messed it up so when I got there I spent 30 minutes trying to find out why they didn't have a room booked for me and it turned out to be their mess up. Next, you have to pay for parking and the stalls are all for compact cars only so thank God not too many people needed parking. The hotel corriders are dark, gloomy and maze like. Was not easy to find your way around. The rooms were okay, nicely decorated but the beds were lumpy and not comfortable. Not at all what I was expecting for a low season rate of $130.00 per night plus $10.00 per night for parking. The Marriotte was a comparable price for a much better hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear zedmonton,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed here at least 4 different times. Parking in Seattle is EXPENSIVE and for $10 a night that makes this hotel a must for me!

Room Tip: North corner rooms have a nice view of North Seattle.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

We are happy to hear that you feel that you received value regarding the parking fee to park in our parking garage.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to compele a review and for staying at the Holiday Inn Seatle. We appreciate your business.

Elverum, Norway
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I chose this hotel because it was in my price range. I spent two nights here by myself, as I was just taking a few days off before going further north. Upon arrival I needed to book an extra night (I also had to check in very late), which was no problem and cost me less than expected. Since I had never been to Seattle before, I also asked the staff for advice on several occasions. Every time I talked to them or needed something, the staff was very friendly and helpful, probably better than at any other hotel in this price range I have ever stayed at. The only problem I found was that there's a bit of air traffic noise, but it didn't bother me too much. The room wasn't the most modern room, but the friendly staff, good location (walking distance to everything you need) and cleanliness of the room made it very worth staying there, considering it's relatively inexpensive.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle. We are happy that we were able to accommodate your additional night of stay. We love to hear how our guests enjoy being so close to attractions that they are able to walk and enjoy downtown Seattle.

I am happy to hear that the front desk was able to answer all your questions to help you enjoy your stay in Seattle.

Once again, thank you again for taking the time to complete a review for Trip Advisor and staying with us. We appreciate your business.