“Awesome location: lovely little place, totally...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Soundview Cottage

Sunset from the deck
The king-size bed is famously comfortable, and the nautical decor reflects the water view. Totally private cottage
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Totally private cottage
Eating Area
Private entrance, close to off-street parking
The view from the private deck is amazing.
New hot tub - ready any time of the year!
Spring flowers
The view from the deck
iPod Dock/Player
Complete kitchen
A small wedding on the deck
Guests say the cottage is like a private treehouse.
The comfy new sleeper sofa sleeps two extra guests.
The new washer and dryer are convenient for guests.
Complete kitchen lets you cook any meals you want, whenever you like.  Breakfast foods are included.
Off-road parking and a separate entrance
The garden is lush any time of year.
the new sleeper sofa sleeps two additional guests
Soundview is gay-friendly and peace-loving
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Any
Trish375
Rochester, New York
“Awesome location: lovely little place, totally private, 15 min to SEATAC”
Reviewed 18 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

You may be wondering: is it possible? A vacation cottage 15 minutes from SEATAC airport and no jets flying over? I wondered too: I decided to chance it as the reviews and the pictures were just calling me in. It's absolutely true! We spent two nights at Soundview and the only sound we heard was the occasional dog barking. We were out in the tub both nights. Although Soundview is quite close to the owners house, we felt totally private. Annie stocked us up with two fluufy robes for scooting out to the hot tub and back.

Annie also asked me how I would like the refrigerator stocked, and I was delighted to find Trader Joe orange juice, local eggs, cheese, coffee, breads, and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables waiting for me. We had lovely breakfasts.

the morning we left was a breeze: despite a 10 AM flight we got plenty of sleep, went to the airport via Starbucks, and still only had to allow 20 minutes from Soundview to the car return counter. What a treat!

The bed was super comfy and there is an ipod dock and cozy little fireplace in the main room. Highly recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked least: I did hear dogs barking in the evenings - but I also know that's a particular hot button of mine. My husband didn't notice.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
18 Mar 2012
Trish, thank you soooooo much for this lovely review. I hope you and Dave come back soon!
Annie
Joshua S
Norco, California
“A Delight!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

WE RECOMMEND! Annie Phillips was very sweet to both me and my wife, she did stock our fridge full of EXCELLENT food and she gave us plenty of privacy. The place was beautiful inside and out. VERY relaxing. And the view was spectacular…To Sum it up- Our weekend stay was a delight!
Thanks Annie!

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
mbhaley
Seattle, Washington
“What a special treat!”
Reviewed 5 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011
people found this review helpful

So peaceful and quiet. Outdoor hot tub was amazing, as was the comfy bed. Very well stocked selection of dvd's & games. WiFi was available too! Had reservations for dinner that we ended up canceling. Picked up some steaks from a local butcher and stayed "home" instead. Just a delight!

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
Don G
New Mexico
“Comfy Cottage... Incredible View”
Reviewed 18 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011
person found this review helpful

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Soundview Cottage! It was everything that it was described to be, and everything that we were expecting. Owner, Annie Phillips, made sure that our stay was be perfect. The cottage was clean, warm, and comfortable. My wife really enjoyed walking in the safe and beautiful neighborhood around the cottage. I enjoyed the fresh and organic breakfast food that Annie provided for us to prepare. We both enjoyed the comfortable bed and hot tub with incredible view! I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay!

Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Business
Alaska
Reviewed 18 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Management Response
18 Nov 2011
Lovely way to start my day, reading your comments, Don. I'm so glad you and Teri enjoyed your stay here. Take care.
Annie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing