“Anniversary Trip.”

Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Tualatin, Oregon
“Anniversary Trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

We love this hotel! I was looking for someplace in the downtown core but when I realized they charge $38 to $40 per day for parking I started looking elsewhere. This was a great find and parking was free. Everything about it feels new and fresh with a fun and funky design. The rooms are a generous size with some great appointments... hard surface floor, large walk-in shower, soap/lotion/shampoo/conditioner dispensers (none of those silly little plastic bottles). It had a Keurig coffee brewer, a microwave with popcorn and refrigerator for your stuff (not an over-priced mini-bar). They also have umbrellas in the rooms to use on those frequent rainy days in Seattle.

It's in a great location a block from Seattle Center and the monorail, in the Queen Anne neighborhood. There are lots of restaurants within just a couple minutes and it's a nice walk to Pike Place Market.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HaveOmaWillTravel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I travel 20-30 weeks a year for the past ten years for business and have stayed at higher-end and small town budget hotels thousands of times. This was my BEST hotel experience, EVER! The hotel is very cool.... trendy looking with a decent amount of ammenities. Its not luxurious... but the beds feel luxurious, the bathrooms are very large for being in the city, and the best part was the spectacular service! Melanie was the front desk person for the majority of my stay and she went way above and beyond to ensure I knew the places to see and visit during my down time... everyone had a smile, even housekeeping, and the just enough but not overdone eclectic decore felt very Chicago-ish to me.... except in a few blocks you can see puget sound and snow capped mountains. My hotel experience was so positive I am planning a trip to bring my husband and 2 year old to experience Seattle and know that they will be comfortable in a city hotel close to many activities.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Tyler S, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
We greatly appreciate your review of The Maxwell Hotel. That we're the best hotel you've ever stayed at with all of your extensive travel means the world to us! I am delighted that we've been able to win you over.

I will be sure to personally thank Melony for taking such great care of you while you were here.

We look forward to your next visit with your family in tow! Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can assist you with prior to your next stay.

Tyler Suddith
Hotel Manager
tsuddith@themaxwellhotel.com
Califonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

The Maxwell Hotel in Seattle was a great place to stay. We loved the location close to Queen Anne and Seattle Center. The Free parking is a perk that you just have to love, parking is a premium in Seattle. The room decor is unique and modern and sleek. House keeping was excellent. We had very little interaction with Hotel staff as the elevators in the basement parking garage whisks you to your floor. When we did see hotel staff they were efficient and friendly. The property felt extremely safe, your room key opens the door to the parking garage and your key again gives you access to the elevator, without the key you will go nowhere.

We did not have an opportunity to eat in the restaurant, use the pool or workout facility. As in most urban settings the pool is small and the work out room seems more like a storage closet. But with all the local running trails who needs to workout indoors?

Planning our next trip already. Check out the hotel website for room rates and availability.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I used review on Trip advisor and narrowed it to this place. I'm not an artistic type person but was interested in seeing this place based on customer photos. Didn't disappoint. Great decor ( not the usual Marriott, Hyatt, etc-nothing wrong with these just different). The reception desk was helpful and pleasant. Don’t' be afraid of the restaurant in the hotel... it's a rock one. Super cool for all ages. Nice bartenders/great service. It's bar food...but real good place. Price of hotel was just right. It's walking distance of the Space Needle and some really cool restaurants. Don’t' be afraid to walk around. At fist glance it may look a bit off but the area IS nice. Side note there is a QCV(supermarket about a block away) in case you need to pick some items up for the room which come with a tiny Friday and microwave. All and all... loved it. Would stay here again on my trip back to Seattle.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
NORTH VANCOUVER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights over Spring Break with my 3 kids (sans wife).
We loved this new found Hotel.
Location with kids is great. Right behind the Needle.5 minute walk to Pacific Science Center.
Queen Anne is right there with a great choice of many restaurants.
Large grocery stores to the left and right.
5 Point Cafe to name just one great eating spot.
Parking is free, that is one reason we gave up our old haunt, they started to charge for parking.
So about the Hotel. It is a Boutique, part of the Pineaple Group.
The rooms were so clean, trust me leave all your pillows at home.
Laminate floors in the room. A small broom and dust pan would have been nice.
Nice comfy beds, flat screen tv with dvd player. Keurig coffee makers and free bottled water in the rooms.
Huge bathrooms,walk in showers.
The pool area is great, small enough pool that if I didn't want to go in, I felt the kids were safe enough and well with in reach.
Complete gym as well.
Free newspapers and shuttle to almost anypart of the city.
Coffee and pineapple cupcakes in the lounge in the afternoon.
Lots of different areas to grab a chair or couch and just relax.
Free bicycle rentals.
The Rock restaurant in the Hotel had great food.
My son wanted the chicken strips......HEHE... they were dipped in batter and deep fried, the best I have ever had and I ordered them for dinner the next evening for myself.
The front desk staff were very courteous and professional.
Housekeeping staff were very polite as well.
I stayed here 3 days after this trip with just the wife (sans no kids) so she could shop in peace. She loved this Hotel as well. Sorry Quality Inn, you just don't cut it anymore and this place is much more reasonably priced.
Looking forward to our 4 night stay in September.

Room Tip: I would choose the back of the Hotel as the character houses in Queen Anne are gorgeous