“overall, disappointed.”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We come to Seattle a lot and gave this hotel a chance as it looked like a fun place to try. The first impression about a hotel experience is at check-in. I had a very bad experience with the front desk person at Hotel 5. The lady didn’t have any customer service experience it seemed. I asked what is the extra $15 charge for and she could not give a straight answer. She just said, "its what they charge". No explanation. Nothing. I asked about parking on the street on a Sunday night and she couldn't give me a straight answer on that either. Good thing I knew you can park for free until 8am the next day. Her answer was just, "depends on what zone you're in". YA thanks for your help! I don't recommend this hotel primarily for the customer service, which they lack or quite possibly it was this one person that should not be working at the front desk.

The second disappointment was the “Eat and Sleep package” She said it was for breakfast. No where did she ever mention we could use it for dinner. This is misleading as it sounds like you can go anywhere to eat and drink for $20 per person. FYI it is for the restaurant on site. Why don’t they just say that?!! Very annoying. The food there was mediocre at best. Don’t bother with this upgrade
We will not be staying here again, thankfully lots of other great boutique hotels in Seattle to stay!!

Room Tip: don't bother upgrading to the "Eat and sleep package"
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drock5280
Kate E, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear drock5280,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service experience at our hotel during your recent stay. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and I am at a complete loss as to what occurred. It is my hope you will contact me so we can chat further; it sounds as though we have a specific training need that I wish to address.

Our " Eat and Sleep" package includes a credit for breakfast service only. Our restaurant is open 7AM-12Noon daily. We are going through a renovation the beginning of 2018 and when complete food service will be available all day! We would love to welcome you back to try our new features when renovation is complete in the spring.

Please give me a call at the hotel; simply ask for Kate or Bernardo so we might gain more insight on your visit.

Most warmly,

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I’ve never been to Seattle before. The main point of my trip was for a concert being held at KeyArena, so I wanted something close to that location. The bright pictures on their website got my attention. The location was good. But it was the advertised pillow top mattress that eventually sold me. I have fairly severe back issues and hotel beds kill me.
The staff were great. Very helpful and friendly. The shuttle service was fantastic and we used it multiple times during our trip. The rooms were small, but clean and nicely decorated. A friendly little stuffed husky greeted us when we walked into our room.
The cupcakes that were often set out in the lobby were fantastic :)
My only complaint is the aforementioned mattress. I’m not certain that it was actually pillow top, but I do know that it hurt me so much that I couldn’t lay in it for longer than a few hours. This makes getting a good night’s sleep difficult :( I considered sleeping in the chair after our first night, but stuck with the bed in hopes that it would get better. It never did.
I wish the blankets actually fit the bed as well. It’s a neat concept but the blanket was heavy and would often fall on to the floor in the middle of the night.
I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Seattle. The staff, the shuttle, the cupcakes, all definitely made up for the bad sleep I had that was mostly due to my back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kate E, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Reviewed by LadyJMH,

Thank you for taking time to post a lovely review for our readers.

I am sorry if the pillowtop mattress brand we use did not work well with your back issues.
We receive many kudos on our beds, yet we know that mattresses are a very specific issue for many people.

Thank you for your recommendation to others to come join us when in Seattle.

Wamly,
GNM

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Everything about our stay was very nice. The beds are SUPER comfortable! The location was convenient to lots of activities in Seattle. Our room was very clean. I would gladly stay at this location again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Hi U2233CGhollyb,

We hope we do see you again---soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Loved this hotel! Right in the heart of town!! Easy to get everywhere! Loved the pineapple theme. super modern, great service, loved the motif... even bought the stuffed dog to bring home! The proceeds go towards a local animal shelter.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Kate E, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

THANK you, Jamie F!
We appreciate your kind words and are thrilled you enjoyed your Hotel FIVE experience.

See you next time!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Hotel 5 was a great find.
Pro: location, room size was decent; super comfy beds, great bedding; friendly staff.
Cons: Toilet flushes loud; door slams loud behind you; if you sont like the smel if coconut, bring your own toiletries.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Hi y christinat814,

We are glad you found us and thank you for the review.

Your comments regarding the door and toilet will be addressed with maintenance; thank you for letting us know.

Looking forward to seeing next time!