It was OK. They need to replace the blinds and change there light bulbs.
Pillows are terrible.
Sofa bed is terrible.
The First Avenue Apartments are actually located in a building called The Harbour Steps, which is a group of four apartment blocks around a stairway. The location is superb, being close to the art museum, the dockside tourist area, Pike place market place, and the Aquarium. There are also several restaurants either on site or very close by. We didn't have much of a view, being on the 7th floor, and the balcony was unusable because it led out onto a pooh covered roof, but these would have been minor considerations. Our real problem was that the maintenance on the apartment, which has obviously been designed and furnished as five star accomodation, was appalling, and when I emailed the agents, Stay Alfred with the list of problems, there was no reply whatsoever.
1) The built in air conditioning does not work at all. Thank you for placing portable air conditioners, but I assume these are a temporary solution? One has a missing exhaust pipe nozzle.
2) There is NO HOT WATERr in the second bathroom.
3) The toilet roll holder is broken in the second bathroom
4) There is no plug/stopper for the kitchen sink, and the garbage unit is exposed.
5) The kitchen spatula is cracked
6) The water in the en suite bathroom runs dark brown at times (? rust in pipes or water heater)
7) Several electrical outlets are cracked and broken, and one is missing, leaving a hole in the wall. Some don't seem to function.
8) Toilet seat in second bathroom is loose
9) Some blind strips are missing/broken
10) There are no instructions for the use of any of the appliances.
In addition checkout was a nightmare as the "key cafe" would not read the key fob, and we could not work out where the code was that they wanted instead. I very nearly left the keys on top of the machine, but fortunately we found the code they wanted in the end - very poorly marked.
So two weeks later and still no reply from Stay Alfred - probably would not use them again if I had the option.
Great location right by the downtown waterfront. We walked to everything we wanted to do and could see (on an unusually clear Seattle day) both sets of mountain ranges. Well equipped condo and great communication with the owners.
The view from our room was amazing, and the place was amazing. We would totally rent this place again.
The location was perfect! Close to everything we wanted to see. I loved how close it was to the light rail to get back to the airport. The view was amazing!! This condo was very spacious and accommodated our family perfectly. My only complaint is I wish the cookware selection had been better. Trying to cook breakfast for a family of four was challenging. I will definitely use this property again for any future visits to Seattle!